This Underrated Trail In Minnesota Leads To A Hidden Turquoise Lake
Did you know Preston, Minnesota, is home to a stunning turquoise lake that is unlike anything you’ll find in any other part of the state? While there are many lakes in Minnesota, this one is quite unique. Though this spot has many visitors throughout the year, it still remains hidden from many Minnesotans. Why? Because the beautiful lake is in a cave, at the end of a subterranean trail through southern Minnesota. If you’re looking for a beautiful – and cooling – hike to do in Minnesota as the weather warms up, check out this unforgettable hike to a turquoise lake in Minnesota.
Enjoy this virtual tour of this intriguing place:
This beautiful trail is certainly underrated! But visit once, and you’ll be telling everyone you know about the hidden turquoise lake in Minnesota at the end of the path. Have you ever visited the lake at Mystery Cave State Park? Let us know how it was in the comments. For more wonderful places like this, check out some of the best lakes in Minnesota.
More to Explore
Natural Attractions in Minnesota
What are the ultimate bucket-list destinations in Minnesota?
The ultimate bucket-list destinations in Minnesota include:
- Itasca State Park. Perhaps the most gorgeous spot in the state, this is where you’ll find the headwaters of the Mississippi River.
- Split Rock Lighthouse State Park. This is the definition of picturesque as photographers flock here to take shots of this magnificent lighthouse.
- Glensheen Mansion. This historic house is visited more than any other in the state and has stupendous gardens on the shore of Lake Superior.
- Devil’s Kettle. This is where you can watch one part of the Brule River disappear into the earth and the other part keeps flowing.
Learn more about the ultimate bucket-list destinations in Minnesota.
What are the most beautiful places in Minnesota?
The most beautiful places in Minnesota include:
- Schoolcraft State Park. The pine trees here are as old as 300 years and the forest will take your breath away.
- Savanna Portage State Park. Located near McGregor, this lush, 15,000-acre expanse of forests and marshes is simply gorgeous.
- Iona’s Beach. The beach here is made of pink pebbles which make tinkling sounds as the waves wash them about.
- Tettegouche State Park. You’ll find the tallest waterfalls in the state here as well as some of the most beautiful forests you’ll ever see.
Find out more about the most beautiful places in Minnesota.
What are some hidden gem attractions in Minnesota?
Some of the hidden gem attractions in Minnesota include:
- Blue Mounds State Park. This remote park is full of rolling prairies and has amazing pink and white stone cliffs.
- Jeffers Petroglyphs. Located near Comfrey, this ancient collection of petroglyphs is about 7,000 years old.
- The Shed. Come here to see roughly 100 classic cars inside a 24,000-square-foot shed-styled building.
- Blue Devil Valley Scientific and Natural Area. This is an out-of-the-way place to see all kinds of wildlife.
Discover more about these and other hidden gem attractions in Minnesota.