The River Campground In Michigan Where You'll Have An Unforgettable Tubing Adventure
We Michiganders are used to unpredictable weather, but that doesn’t stop us from loading up our gear and heading out on a camping adventure! It’s never too early to start planning for your next family getaway, and there’s one incredible campground with tubing here in the Great Lakes State that offers a unique riverfront escape. Prepare for an amazing outing at River View Campground, one of the most gorgeous campgrounds on the river in Michigan.
For more information about River View Campground in Michigan, and its exciting tubing routes, visit their website. Have you spent time at this unique spot in years past? Share your experiences with us in the comments below!
For more beautiful campgrounds in the Great Lake State, be sure to check out these Michigan campgrounds, all of which are located right on the beach!
More to Explore
River View Campground in Michigan
Does Michigan have many places to go camping?
Here in the Great Lake State, we sure do love camping -- and we often do it on the fly! Luckily for us, Michigan is home to plenty of campgrounds that don’t require reservations in advance, so you can plan the perfect last-minute getaway. Some of our favorites include:
- Platte River Campground in Beulah, located near Sleeping Bear Dunes and just minutes away from stunning shoreline, too!
- D.H. Day Campground, another site in close proximity to the dunes, that boasts stunning, crystal-clear waters.
- Mouth Of Two-Hearted River Campground, located near Newberry, and with an ideal location near the Two-Hearted River and beautiful Lake Superior. The stargazing here is sublime!
Are there any beachfront campsites in Michigan?
Given that Michigan's nickname is the Great Lake State, it should come as no surprise that there are an abundance of beachfront campsites in Michigan!
- Orchard Beach State Park in Manistee is a total gem; this state park boasts a family-friendly campground with access to the gorgeous coast of Lake Michigan. The state park itself comprises 201 acres of bluffs and dune land, and the campgrounds are surrounded by a series of hiking trails, so there's a lot to explore while you're there!
- Silver Lake State Park in Mears is a stunner -- this beloved state park allows visitors to explore some of the most beautiful sand dunes in the state of Michigan! Set up your tent near the shores of Silver Lake or Lake Michigan and enjoy a true connection to nature at one of these stunning sites. Make sure to get your reservation confirmed early, though -- this beautiful Michigan State Park is a popular destination.
What are some of the best lazy rivers in Michigan?
Some of the best lazy rivers in Michigan include:
- The Huron River. You'll want to visit Argo Canoe Livery, for the ultimate outdoor excursion in the Huron River. Bring your own tubes or rent your own — either way, you’re sure to have a blast!
- the AuSable River is one of Michigan’s most lovely bodies of water, and it can be easily accessed from the town of Roscommon. Check out Paddle Brave Canoe Livery and select from a variety of options for enjoying the water on a hot summer day.