Here Are 7 Of The Most Beautiful Massachusetts Covered Bridges To Explore This Fall
Massachusetts is home to numerous remarkable bridges from modern architectural marvels like the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge to the charming and historic covered bridges scattered around the state. While the modern bridges are impressive, there’s nothing like seeing some of the quaint covered bridges in Massachusetts; especially since there aren’t too many left. So, if you’re looking for something to do on a lovely fall afternoon, we suggest checking out the following seven covered bridges throughout the Bay State.
Now that you know where to go when you’re in Massachusetts and looking for covered bridges near me, what are you waiting for? To get started on your adventure to one (or all) of these covered bridges in Bay State, take a look at our road trip snack guide. Then, you’ll be all fuelled up to explore these covered bridges in Massachusetts!
What is your favorite covered bridge in the Bay State? Let us know in the following comments section. If you enjoy covered bridges, feel free to head to the 1761 Old Mill Restaurant which has its very own covered bridge in Westminster.
More to Explore
Fall in Massachusetts
What are some of the best things to do during the fall in Massachusetts?
The following list highlights some of the best things to do during the fall in Massachusetts.
- Mount Greylock State Reservation: This stunning park has been called the best in Massachusetts thanks to gorgeous views, 12,000 acres worth exploring, and numerous hiking trails.
- Boston Public Garden: If you're based in the city, we recommend spending the day strolling through this popular destination with the city as a backdrop.
- Mass Audubon's Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary: During fall in Massachusetts, take in breathtaking views while spending time in nature.
- Quabbin Reservoir: Be prepared to be wowed when soaking in the scenery featuring vibrant foliage reflected in the water.
What are some popular Massachusetts road trips?
In addition to visiting covered bridges in MA, here are some popular Massachusetts road trips worth checking out too.
- The Ultimate Massachusetts Waterfall Road Trip: Discover an array of natural wonders when you take this road trip that covers just over 300 miles.
- The Dreamily Beautiful Lighthouse Road Trip In Massachusetts: We think this road trip is for anyone who enjoys visiting historic destinations and epic water views.
- The Natural Wonders Road Trip In Massachusetts: From mountains to seascapes, there's so much to see on this ultimate road trip that has about 12 hours of driving time.
- The Gorgeous Fall Foliage Massachusetts Road Trip: If you love autumn as much as I do, then this road trip to impressive vantage points for leaf peeping is a must!