The Clearest Lake In Louisiana, Lake Claiborne, Is Almost Too Beautiful To Be Real
Louisiana is home to an endless amount of lakes, rivers, bayous, and streams that are ideal for a day of summer fun. While our bodies of water may not be the crystal-clear blue that you’ll find in the tropics, there’s one beautiful lake that’s known as one of the clearest lakes in Louisiana. So, if you’re deterred by the murky water often found in our bayous and lakes, this might just become your new favorite swimming hole. Let’s explore this lake with the clearest water in Louisiana and bask in all its beauty.
Be sure to watch this cool YouTube video by Keck Outdoors highlighting Lake Claiborne State Park.
Like all state parks in Louisiana, admission is $3 per person and the park is open daily from sunrise to sunset. For more information, including cabin and canoe rentals, visit the Lake Claiborne State Park website. If you’ve ever spent a day on Lake Claiborne, the clearest water in Louisiana, let us know in the comments!!
And when you’re ready to explore Lake Claiborne, check out this OIYS Road Trip Packing List for some cool ideas for your trip.
More to Explore
CLEAREST LAKE IN LOUISIANA & RELATED INFO
Besides Lake Claiborne, what are some more of the best lakes in Louisiana?
If you’re searching for some of the best lakes in Louisiana, then we’re got you covered. Here are some of the best lakes that we recommend:
- Caddo Lake, Caddo Parish
- Calcasieu Lake, Cameron Parish
- Lake Arthur, Jefferson Davis Parish
- Lake Pontchartrain, Southeastern Louisiana
- Kepler Lake, Northwest Louisiana
- Lake D’Arbonne, Union Parish
- Kincaid Lake, Boyce
- Prien Lake, Calcasieu Parish
- Lake Martin, St. Martin Parish
- Vernon Lake, Vernon Parish
Here’s a great article highlighting some more of the best lakes in Louisiana.
What are the best state parks in Louisiana?
There are 21 state parks in our state, and all are worthy of a visit. But here are 10 of the best state parks in Louisiana that we absolutely love:
- Fontainebleau State Park, Mandeville
- Lake Fausse Pointe State Park, St. Martin Parish
- Cypremort Point State Park, Cypremort Point
- Chicot State Park, Ville Platte
- Bayou Segnette State Park, Westwego
- Bogue Chitto State Park, Franklinton
- Jimmie Davis State Park, Chatham
- Grand Isle State Park, Grand Isle
- Lake Bistineau State Park, Doyline
- Fairview-Riverside State Park, Madisonville
Discover more from this previous article highlighting the best state parks in Louisiana.
What are the best places to camp in Louisiana?
One thing I love about Louisiana is that there are endless possibilities for camping in the state. And here are a few of the best places to camp in Louisiana that are perfect for a getaway:
- Sun Outdoors New Orleans North Shore, Ponchatoula
- North Toledo Bend State Park, Zwolle
- Kisatchie Ranger District Wilderness Area, Rapides Parish
- Holly Beach RV Park, Holly Beach
- Poverty Point Reservoir State Park, Delhi
- Tunica Hills Campground, St Francisville
- Camp Margaritaville Breaux Bridge, Breaux Bridge
- Indian Creek Recreation Area, Woodworth
- Atchafalaya River Basin Camping, Atchafalaya Basin
- Lorrain Parish Park, Hayes
Be sure to read our previous article telling you more about some of the best places to camp in Louisiana.