Posted in Kentucky Fun Facts, State Pride January 04, 2022
Do You Know Who The Richest People In Kentucky Are?
From horses to politics to basketball, there’s a lot of wealth lingering in the Commonwealth. If you’ve ever wondered who the richest people in Kentucky are, here are some of the state’s top earners.
Who surprised you most on the list of richest people in Kentucky? Any others we may have missed?
Of course, financial wealth is just one metric of success; here are some famous people from Kentucky we’re proud to call ours!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Richest People in Kentucky
January 09, 2023
Who are the most famous people from Kentucky?
From famous actors and record-setting athletes to presidents, many influential people are from the Bluegrass State. You may be surprised how many famous people from Kentucky there are!
- Muhammed Ali. The World Heavyweight Champ was born in Louisville and is arguably the greatest boxer of all time. Louisville police officer Joe E. Martin was his first boxing coach and encouraged him to get involved in the sport.
- Tyson Gay. Another first-class athlete, Tyson Gay has won numerous world-tier track and field sprinter events. He competes in the 100 and 200 meter divisions, and is one of the fastest athletes of all time. He got his start as a child while attending public high schools in Kentucky.
- Abraham Lincoln. Does Abraham Lincoln really need an introduction? The 16th President, famous for preserving the Union and helping to end slavery, was born in LaRue County. The farm where he was born has been preserved as the Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Park.
- Wynonna Judd. Country music royalty, Wynonna Judd comes from a star-studded family. One sister, Ashley Judd, is a famous actress. Wynonna rose to fame in the 1980s when performing as half of The Judds, a country music duo made up of her and her mother Naomi. Wynonna learned to play guitar and sing as a child in Kentucky, inspired by the music that her mother listened to.
- Diane Sawyer. Kentucky native Diane Sawyer is one of the hometown heroes featured in the Greater Louisville Proud Foundation campaign. Her father was a famous local politician who passed away in a car accident. A section of highway in Louisville is now named for him. Diane Sawyer grew up to be a member of President Nixon's White House staff and later, a famous news anchor.