The One Magical Nighttime Hike In Kentucky Everyone Needs On Their Bucket List
Hiking is a wonderful way to spend a beautiful day in Kentucky. When the sun is shining, the Bluegrass State is on display with incredible natural beauty that’s just waiting to be explored. However, there is also an outdoor adventure that’s best had after the sun goes down. Within Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, right at the largest waterfall in the state, you can witness a phenomenon that only happens at night. One of the most beautiful sights in the U.S., the Moonbow at Cumberland Falls at night is a must-see for everyone, and this one magical nighttime hike in Kentucky needs to be on every bucket list.
Visit the spectacular Cumberland Falls during the day and at different times of year to experience it in all its glory, but also be sure to plan a nighttime hike when the Moonbow may make an appearance. It is a magical moment that belongs on everyone’s bucket list. Have you been lucky enough to see the falls at night? Did you see the Moonbow? Share your experience with us in the comments!
For more information on the park and all of its trails, visit the Cumberland Falls State Resort Park website.
Address: 7351 Highway 90, Corbin, KY, 40701
And be sure to check out our previous article for more on this “Niagara of the South” in Kentucky.
More to Explore
Best Hikes In Kentucky
What are the best easy hikes in Kentucky?
Some of the best easy hikes in Kentucky are:
- Chimney Top Trail, Red River Gorge, Slade: this is a short trail with a beautiful overlook at the top offering stunning views.
- Hematite Lake Trail, Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, Golden Pond: This trail around Hematite Lake offers the chance to see beautiful views and lots of wildlife.
- Iroquois Park Overlook, Iroquois Park, Louisville: You can choose to drive most of the way to this overlook if you wish, and only hike about a quarter mile. It offers beautiful views of Louisville below.
- Raven Bridge Trail, Carter Caves State Resort Park, Olive Hill: This relatively easy trail leads to a natural sandstone arch called Raven Bridge.
- Original Trail, Natural Bridge State Resort Park, Slade: Another trail leading to an impressive natural arch, this is also a relatively easy trail, although it does have some elevation gain.
What are the best waterfall hikes in Kentucky?
Aside from Cumberland Falls, the best waterfall hikes in Kentucky are:
- Bark Camp Trail, Whitley County, Daniel Boone National Forest
- Flat Lick Falls Trail, Daniel Boone National Forest
- Tioga Falls Trail, Fort Knox
- Rock Bridge Trail, Red River Gorge, which leads to Creation Falls
- Yahoo Falls Trail, Daniel Boone National Forest: leading to the tallest waterfall in Kentucky, Yahoo Falls
What are the best wildflower hikes to take in the spring in Kentucky?
The best wildflower hikes to take in the spring in Kentucky are:
- The Yellow Trail at Raven Run Nature Sanctuary
- The trails at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill
- Chained Rock Trail at Pine Mountain State Resort Park
- Several trails at Mammoth Cave National Park
- Three Bridges Trail at Carter Caves State Resort Park
- Many trails at John James Audubon State Park