Christmas Trees Fill The Lodge At General Butler State Resort Park In Kentucky This Season
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
To warm your hearts this holiday season, head to the Christmas tree lodge Kentucky at General Butler State Resort Park. Throughout the popular holiday movie White Christmas, most of the scenes take place inside a cozy, winter lodge. You’ll get that same feeling here as the lodge really becomes its own character just like in the story; it is such a memorable setting for the movie. Butler Lodge is beautifully decorated this time of year and its stunning main room is filled with Christmas trees for one festive scene.
One interesting activity is winter tree identification. Watch this video to discover more.
For additional information about the charming Christmas tree lodge Kentucky this holiday season, visit the General Butler State Resort Park web page. Have you stayed at any of Kentucky’s other state park lodges? Do you ever take a winter getaway in Kentucky? Let us know in the comments!
For more cozy lodges in Kentucky, check out six of the best places that will soon become your favorite destinations.
More to Explore
Christmas In Kentucky
What are some of the best Christmas attractions in Kentucky?
- ChristmasTown at the Creation Museum (2800 Bullittsburg Church Road, Petersburg, KY): Enjoy a magical evening at the Creation Museum for this ChristmasTown event. The event includes such exhibits as the Garden of Lights, Indoor Nativity and Dramas, an Eden Animal Experience, and a Children's Playground to name a few. The cost to get in is $10 per vehicle for parking. Noah's Cafe will also be open where you can purchase a hot meal or warm cup of cocoa.
- Christmas Island (8801 U.S. Highway 27, Burnside, KY): Christmas Island at General Burnside State Park is a unique event that you won't want to miss. Each winter this holiday fun takes place on the 400-acre oasis with thousands of twinkling lights and displays showcased each night alongside additional events throughout the season, including the the Jingle Bell Run 5K and the Burnside Christmas Parade. Some of the displays are up to 104 feet long and 16 feet high. What?!!
- Christmas Cottage (897 Pendleton Road, Pendleton, KY): This unique shop was created on private property out of a shed and the owners live next door. It is stocked with ornaments, gifts, wreaths, and just about anything you might need for Christmas. The owners know what to stock because the store came out of their love for decorating. Folks are also welcome to take tours of their beautiful home where you can see the true inspiration for the Christmas Cottage.
- Georgetown: Home for the Holidays Georgetown includes such events as Letters to Santa via the Georgetown & Scott County Museum, the Southern Lights Holiday Festival, Christmastime 2023, Hanging of the Green at Georgetown College, and a parade and tree-lighting ceremony. And a Small Business Saturday encourages shoppers to help out the local vendors.
- Christmas Lights Road Trip: Some of the highlights of these nine charming displays include Lights Under Louisville, Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, and Light Up Bardstown. Enjoy the colorful lights and Christmas activities offered by the people of these small towns in their neighborhoods, parks, and city streets. You'll walk away with the holiday spirit and some cherished memories.