Kansas November 07, 2018
10 Rural Restaurants Around Kansas That Are So Worth The Drive
Kansas is pretty saturated with amazing restaurants, especially if you know where to look. The secret? Small towns are where the best food is hidden. There might only be a few rural restaurants listed here today, but we’re always adding more restaurants (and revisiting old ones) on our Kansas bucket lists.
1. Alma Bakery & Sweet Shoppe - 118 W. 3rd, Alma, Kansas
These tasty pastries are handcrafted at Alma Bakery, where you can have your cake and definitely eat it too. They also serve bierocks and other simple lunches, so don't be afraid to make it a stop on your next trip through the area!
2. Beethoven's #9 Restaurant - 2 W Piankishaw St., Paola, Kansas
Beethoven's #9 is a restaurant that's earned a spot on the "Kansas favorites" list multiple times.
3. Buster's Saloon - 104 Main St., Sun City, Kansas
Buster's has been flavorful from the first time I've tried them, and they don't show signs of changing. It's always a friendly stop when you stop at Buster's.
4. Cy's Hoof and Horn - 425 N Commercial Ave., Sedgwick, Kansas
Cy's Hoof and Horn has become a local hotspot for chicken fried steak lovers all over the place. Of course, you'll have to try one yourself to see where they rank on your list.
5. Stockyard Restaurant - 360 West Madison St., Fredonia, Kansas
Stockyard has some of the best steaks I've ever eaten, but these small town digs are sure to charm even those who visit for other meats. After all, meats are what they do best.
6. Jim's Steak House - 1912 N Broadway, Pittsburg, Kansas
Jim's is a legendary steakhouse for Kansans, always being mentioned as a favorite of whoever is comparing them at the time. However, just looking at those onion straws makes me forget I even ordered a steak!
7. Made From Scratch - 527 27th St., Wilson, Kansas
Made From Scratch is a wholesome and amazing restaurant nestled in a tiny town full of Czech immigrants and their descendants. Trust me when I say you'll want to order the pie before your meal if it looks even a little busy.
8. L&T Family Restaurant - 1016 Main St., Goodland, Kansas
L&T is another Kansas classic that belongs on any bucket list, whether you're looking for fried chicken or just the daily special.
9. Down Home Family Restaurant - 1515 N Penn Ave., Independence, Kansas
Down Home Family Restaurant makes some of the best chicken and noodle around, and it only gets better when you spoon it over some mashed potatoes. I can almost smell it now.
10. Nelson's Landing - 107 Erpelding St., Leonardville, Kansas
Nelson's Landing is a sports themed restaurant that does everything from barbecue to chicken fried steak. Oddly enough, those are two of Kansas' favorites.
If you’ve been searching for more of one type of food, like barbecue, you’ll love
this list of bbq restaurants that’ll give you all that and more.