The 3-Hour Road Trip To The Some Of The Most Beautiful Waterfalls Is A Glorious Spring Adventure In Indiana
When spring has sprung, that can only mean one thing: it’s time for another warm-weather road trip to celebrate the coming warmer days. We here at OnlyInYourState are pretty big fans of the old-school road trip, so we put this one together just for you. It’s an awesome, three-hour adventure to some of the most picturesque (but still under-appreciated, if you ask us) waterfalls in Indiana. So, get in the car, get some snacks, buckle up, and let’s go – this is one waterfall road trip in Indiana you won’t soon forget! If you decide to extend your road trip to more than just a few hours, be sure to use our ultimate road trip packing list to make your trip planning a breeze!
Any plans to embark upon an epic road trip to see these gorgeous waterfalls in Indiana? Tell us your thoughts in the comments!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Waterfalls in Indiana
What are the best waterfall hikes in Indiana?
The best thing about hiking to waterfalls in Indiana is that they are beautiful year-round. Seeing them in different seasons really shines new light on these natural wonders, and you might be surprised to learn that some of the best waterfalls in Indiana can be viewed from relatively short hiking trails.
- The Kokiwanee Nature Preserve Trail near Largo clocks in at about 1.5 miles and takes you to one of the most picturesque waterfalls in Indiana.
- The 5.8-mile loop to Clifty Falls in Clifty Falls State Park is one of the longest waterfall hikes in Indiana, but well worth it to see the incredible rock formations and, of course, the waterfall itself.
What is the scenic waterfall in Indiana?
Did you know that there are more than 20 waterfalls in Indiana? And that’s just the officially named waterfalls, there are countless others that spring up all around the state just after a rainfall.
- Anderson Falls, mentioned above, is one of the most popular waterfalls in Indiana
- If you want to see the tallest waterfall in Indiana, head to Williamsport Falls in Williamsport. This majestic fall cascades down for 90 feet, and the 1.5-mile trail to see it for yourself is just as beautiful as the fall itself.
What are the best road trips through Indiana?
There’s nothing like a good old-fashioned road trip through Indiana. It’s the best way to see the sights, especially the small towns that make up the real heartbeat of the state. We’ve got a road trip for just about everything you could possibly imagine, you just need to decide what the target is!
- Of course, there are plenty of waterfall road trips in Indiana.
- But maybe you’ve got your sights set on the many ghost towns in Indiana.
- Or if you’re a foodie, how about a BBQ road trip through Indiana?
- If you’ve got a sweet tooth, then this donut trail in Indiana is right up your alley.