An Enormous Warehouse Of Used Books In Illinois, Old Book Barn Will Be Your New Favorite Destination
Located in the tiny town of Forsyth, Illinois is a large store that is any book lover’s dream. For major readers, shopping for used books is like going antiquing. This used book warehouse is full of incredible deals on books, both old and new, and you never know what you’re going to find. From fiction to self-help, this store has every genre you could possibly imagine. Are you ready to dive into a new literary adventure? Scroll on to learn more about why I think the Old Book Barn is one of the best bookstores in Illinois and should be on every bucket list travel plan itinerary.
If you were to search for “used book warehouses near me,” this spot/one of these spots would most certainly pop up at the top of the list!
Old Book Barn is located at 126 US-51, Forsyth, IL 62535, and you can get more information on the Old Book Barn Facebook page. If you’ve ever been to this awesome used book warehouse in Illinois, we’d love to hear from you. Please share your experiences and photos with us below in the comments.
After all of that reading, if you’d like to stretch your legs with a hike, you can find some great trails in and around the area by going to the AllTrails website.
Similarly, Illinois is also home to another don’t-miss spot. Be sure to read Everyone In Illinois Should Visit This Amazing Antique Barn At Least Once.
If you’re still in the mood for more Illinois adventures, take a look at this video about the historic river town of Galena:
More to Explore
More Fun Adventures in Illinois
Where can we find natural wonders in Illinois?
- Giant City State Park in Makanda is known for its giant sandstone bluffs and rock formations.
- The Cache River Natural Area in Belknap features giant ancient cypress trees with buttresses measuring up to 40 feet in diameter.
- The Garden of the Gods in Herod is home to some otherworldly rock formations.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other natural wonders in Illinois.
Where can we find small towns in Illinois?
- Galesburg was once a hub for industry as well as an important stop on the Underground Railroad.
- Dixon is famous for being the boyhood home of former President Ronald Reagan.
- Nauvoo was once the town where Joseph Smith and the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints went to escape religious persecution.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other charming small towns in Illinois.
Where can we find the best hotels and resorts in Illinois?
- The Goldmoor Inn in Galena features cottages and cabins overlooking the Mississippi River.
- The Citizen Chicago Downtown Hotel in Chicago features a rooftop bar and lounge offering spectacular city views.
- The Sybaris Pool Suites Northbrook in Northbrook features tropical waterfalls, soothing whirlpools, and a steamroll.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other fantastic hotels and resorts in Illinois.