Here Are the 9 Best Places To Go Sled Riding In Illinois This Winter
We know, for many people it’s a love-hate relationship with snow. It makes already bad commutes horrible, and it’s a pain to shovel. And we get more than enough here in Illinois. But snow lends itself to one awesome activity: sledding! You get to feel like a kid again flying down the snow-covered hill, and for a lot of people, there are plenty of nearby and free options to go play on. Just in case the groundhog predicts an early spring, let’s seize the day and get out there and sled at one of these fun sledding hills in Illinois.
Have you been to any of these places? What are some of your favorite sledding hills in Illinois? Let us know in the comments. We would love to hear from you!
More to Explore
Winter In Illinois
What are some of the best things to do in Illinois in winter?
The weather may be cold, but there is no shortage of things to do in Illinois in winter. Get out and made some memories doing things such as:
- Go snow tubing at Snowstar Winter Park in Andalusia.
- Take the Polar Plunge in Chicago.
- Go snowboarding at Raging Buffalo Snowboard & Ski Park in Algonquin.
- Go horseback riding at White Pines Ranch.
- Go on some of the best winter hikes in Illinois.
Still looking for more ideas? Check out this list of things to do in Illinois in winter. Have fun!
What are some winter day trips in Illinois?
Even though the days are short and the nights are long, the winter is still a great opportunity for a day trip in Illinois. Consider one of the following:
- The town of Galena is small in population but big in heart.
- Woodstock is cozy and has a historic town square.
- Ottawa is close to some of the best state parks.
- In southern Illinois, there’s Lebanon, which has a historic shopping area known as Brick Street.