8 Amazing Flea Markets In Illinois You Absolutely Have To Visit
There’s nothing like spending an afternoon digging through piles of treasures at a great flea market, and Illinois is full of them! Whether you like buying new items, antiques, or even handmade goods, there’s something for everyone at our state’s markets. Here are some of the best flea markets in Illinois that are easy on your wallet and great for shopping:
Have you been to some of the best flea markets in Illinois? What has been your most interesting find at one? Let us know in the comments.
If you’re looking for more shopping spots to visit, You Can Find Amazing Antiques at These 10 Places in Illinois.
More to Explore
Best Flea Markets In Illinois
Where can I find vintage shops in Illinois?
It’s always fun to take a break from modern stores and step back in time at a quaint vintage shop somewhere in Illinois. These places are often full of items you can’t find anywhere else, too!
- Take a trip to Kane County Country Market, a store that sells antique, newer, and local goods and has a diner for a great day of one-stop shopping.
- Norton’s U.S.A., located in the Chicago suburbs, is a charming vintage-style shop that sells mostly Illinois-made gifts and products.
- Roadhouse Antiques in Creston is housed in an antique barn and filled with antiques and vintage items that are fun and exciting to look through.
What are the best thrift shops in Illinois?
Bargain hunting and thrift stores seem to go hand-in-hand, don’t they? And Illinois has some amazing thrift shops you may want to consider visiting on your next outing.
- In Lexington, Thrift Avenue is a shopping paradise of home decor, Route 66 memorabilia, antiques, collectibles, clothing, jewelry, and so much more! Many items in the shop come from estate sales and downsizing sales, so you are sure to find some high-quality goods at bargain prices.
- Hope’s Attic in Decatur is a non-profit thrift store that supports the Decatur Cares Rescue Mission. Know that whatever money you spend at this thrift shop will go to a good cause.
What is the most unique store in Illinois?
Although you can find unique items and unique thrift and antique shops, a more modern-day store with newer items may be more your speed. In Toluca, the Supreme House of Cheese is unlike any other shop you’ve been to, guaranteed! Inside, you will find:
- cheese (obviously)
- other dairy products
- party trays
- and ice cream, all under one roof!
Everything is set up like it’s a convenience store (wine is convenient, right?) There is truly no other store in the Prairie State quite like this!