The Surprising Georgia Town That Makes An Excellent Weekend Getaway
For some Georgia residents looking for a quick getaway, the preference is to really splurge on a vacation of choice. They’ve saved up all year, and worked their tails off, so why not live in the lap of luxury for a little while? However, there are other Georgians who prefer to spend a weekend away living the quiet life, disconnecting from it all. For the latter of the group, we have one surprising small town to consider for your next weekend away in Georgia. Nicknamed “The Valley Above The Clouds” here is why Suches, Georgia is a must-visit town. Let’s take a look at some of the things to do in Suches, Georgia.
Get a birds-eye view of lovely Suches:
Have you ever been to Suches before? Do you have any favorite things to do in Suches, Georgia? Share with us some of your favorite parts in the comments section! Check out some of these other wonderful small towns in Georgia.
More to Explore
Things To Do In Georgia
What are the most unique attractions in Georgia?
The most unique attractions in Georgia include:
- Waffle House Museum. Many have had a late-night breakfast at a Waffle House. This museum holds Waffle House items spanning 60 years.
- Space Bank. Located in Alma, this bank from 1966 looks like something from The Jetsons and other 60’s sci-fi sets.
- Lego Atlanta. The Legoland Discovery Center has a replica of Atlanta built entirely out of Lego pieces.
- Booth Western Art Museum. As the largest Western art museum in America, this museum has amazing exhibits including Civil War battle paintings.
Learn more about the most unique attractions in Georgia.
What are the most enchanting man-made wonders in Georgia?
The most enchanting man-made wonders in Georgia include:
- Howard Finster’s Paradise Garden Foundation. There are over 40,000 pieces of art made of every kind of object in this amazing garden.
- The Cathedral of St.John the Baptist. This is perhaps the most beautiful cathedral in the state and is an architectural marvel.
- Providence Canyon. This is a man-made canyon that resembles the Grand Canyon that reaches depths of 150 feet.
- Lilburn Temple. This is a beautiful temple made with over 34,000 hand-carved limestone, marble, and sandstone stones.
Discover more about the most enchanting man-made wonders in Georgia.
What are some hidden gem attractions in Georgia?
Some hidden gem attractions in Georgia include:
- The Paris Market & Brocante. This is one part museum, one part store, one part cafe, and one part European marketplace.
- Fort Frederica. This old fort from 1736 was used by the British to fight off the Spanish and is an intriguing historical ruin.
- Nacoochee Mount. This ancient burial mound is part of the Etowah Mounds and is filled with archaeological history.
- Old Car City. This is a rusting collection of old-fashioned cars from over the decades that will bring back a lot of nostalgia.
Find out more about these and other hidden gem attractions in Georgia.