Most People Don't Know These 7 Epic Castles Are Hiding Right Here In Georgia
When you think of castles, you probably think of medieval times. And these medieval times are across the Atlantic Ocean in places like England or European countries. You almost definitely don’t think of America and the state of Georgia. But you don’t need to go to Ireland or France to see these architectural delights straight out of a fairy tale – there are at least 7 magnificent castles in Georgia. Come and see for yourself.
We don’t know about you, but we think some of these are worth a trip this summer. It’s a lot cheaper than flying to Europe, too. Whether you consider these structures to be chateaus, giant homes, or castles in Georgia, one thing to agree on is that they are all unique. Are there any other castles that we left out of this list? Let us know in the comments.
More to Explore
Unique Places In Georgia
Where are some unique places to stay in Georgia?
Whether you live in Georgia or just visiting, why not have an overnight stay at a place more unique than a chain hotel? Check out these unique places to stay in Georgia that are guaranteed to be memorable:
- Justine Inn in Savannah
- 1842 Inn in Macon
- Lucille’s Mountain Top Inn and Spa in Sautee Nacoochee
- Surf Song Bed and Breakfast on Tybee Island
- Glen-Ella Springs Inn in Clarkesville
- Sparrow Hill Inn in Monroe
- The Twelve Oaks Bed and Breakfast in Covington
What are some unique places in Georgia?
Georgia is full of unique places to see and visit. Here is a selection of fascinating places worth checking out:
- Georgia Guidestones in Elberton
- Tank Town USA in Morganton
- The Lunchbox Museum in Columbus
- Cumberland Island National Seashore in St. Mary’s
- New Manchester Manufacturing Company in Lithia Springs
Keep reading for additional information on these and more unique places in Georgia
What are some unique restaurants in Geogia?
Continuing the trend, if you’re looking for somewhere a bit unusual for your next meal, consider any of the following unique restaurants in Georgia:
- Southern Soul BBQ on Saint Simons Island
- Wilkes Dining Room in Savannah
- Harvest on Main in Blue Ridge
- Sal’s Neighborhood Pizzeria on Saint Simons Island