Florida January 23, 2017
12 Things Everyone Who’s Moved Away From Florida Has Thought At Least Once
It’s hard to imagine, but some people do indeed move away from the Sunshine State. There are various reasons someone might consider making a move. Maybe it’s for a job opportunity or to be closer to relatives, or maybe they just couldn’t stand the heat of our intense summers. No matter what the reason, one thing is for sure: You’re going to miss it when you leave.
1. "You call this a beach?"
Have you ever noticed that most of the other beaches look a little sad compared to Florida's?
2. "Where are all the seafood restaurants?"
You might not be able to find the quality of fish you're used to if you move to a landlocked state.
3. "I wonder what my friends back home are doing right now."
Nothing will make you homesick faster than waking up early to dig your car out of a snow pile.
4. "Nothing beats a Florida sunset."
The open sky and flat land allow us to watch the sun slowly sink below the horizon.
5. "Where can I find a restaurant with sweet tea?"
No, adding your own sugar packets is not the same.
6. "Maybe the humidity wasn't all that bad."
Ok, so those sticky summer days are pretty rough, but if you move to somewhere really dry you're in for a surprise. Staying hydrated and moisturized is a real challenge.
7. "Where are all the state parks?"
Florida has over 150 state parks, with some of our most beautiful beaches and springs.
8. "I would kill for a Pub Sub right now."
Where am I supposed to get my groceries and my lunch?
9. "Going to Disney World costs how much?"
Not only will you lose your resident discount, it's a lot more expensive when you factor in long-distance travel costs.
10. "Where are all the trees?"
You might not realize how nice it is to be surrounded by vibrant greenery until you move somewhere where either there are no plants or they're covered in snow.
11. "Florida had the most amazing road trips."
How cool is it that you can drive to the Keys?
12. "Man, I really miss Florida."
No matter where you go, Florida will always be home. How long will you be able to stay away?
Have you ever considered moving to another state? What do you think you would miss the most about Florida?