The Little-Known Beach In Florida You Can Visit After Hiking This 4-Mile Trail
Even if you’ve lived in Florida all of your life, there likely are many hidden pockets of nature that you have yet to explore. After all, with so many options to get out into the great outdoors, it might seem like the opportunities are endless. Over on the oceanside, however, there is a beautiful place in Jacksonville known as Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park, which is quite rare for the area. But what many guests fall in love with at this park is the fact that you can enjoy a 2.7-mile loop hike through the coastal hammocks, before taking a dip at the little-known beach.
Have you ever visited Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park in Florida before? Did you know about the trail leading to the Hanna Park beach? Or maybe you’ve spent a night or a weekend camping there? Share with us your experience in the comments section! We would love to hear from you!
If you’re looking for more information about Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park, including current conditions, fees, planning your stay, or all the available trails and activities, then check out the City of Jacksonville park website.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Hiking in Florida
Where are some of the best hiking trails in Florida?
Sure, Florida is known for its crashing waves and sandy shores. But if you’re looking for more than being ocean side, consider taking a hike. There are countless trails to explore, and here are a few of the best hiking areas known for their trails in Florida to get you started:
- Ocala National Forest
- Withlacoochee State Forest
- Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park
- Big Shoals State Park
- Little Manatee River State Park
- Big Cypress National Preserve
- Fakahatchee Strand Preserve State Park
- Big Spring State Park
Additional information on these areas and more can be found in this article on some of the best hikes in Florida.
Where can I find hiking trails in Florida that are under 3 miles?
There is no need to commit an entire day to the trail! The Sunshine State has hikes and trails to suit any interest, and here are some of the best when it comes to a quick hike in Florida:
- Ancient Dunes Trail at Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine
- The Florida Drain in Bronson State Forest in Williston
- Cypress Lakes Preserve at Ridge Manor in Brooksville
- Butler Mill Trail at Lake Jackson Mounds Archaeological State Park in Tallahassee
- Churchhouse Hammock Trail at the Crystal River Preserve State Park in Crystal River
- Falling Waters Sinkhole Trail at Falling Waters State Park in Chipley
Check out this article on hikes under 3 miles in Florida for more information on these trails and several more you may be interested in exploring. Happy trails to you!