15 Reasons Why My Heart Will Always Be In Florida
I was born and raised in Florida, and it will always be near and dear to me. From our natural wonders to our charming small towns, Florida is pretty close to paradise. I doubt I would ever move, but if I did, I know I would miss this place like crazy. Here are a few things that I think would make me homesick:
1. We're surrounded by some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
2. Florida has so much fascinating history. The oldest city in the country, St. Augustine, is right here in Florida.
3. There are so many amazing small towns and historic neighborhoods, with cultural influence from all over the world.
4. Florida has some amazing fresh seafood.
5. And you won't find Cuban sandwiches and Key lime pie this good in any other state.
6. Other landscapes can be beautiful, but I don't feel at home until I'm surrounded by ancient trees, colorful blooms, and everything green.
7. We wear sweaters when it hits 68 degrees; There's no way I'd make it through a real winter.
8. Our springs are some of the prettiest places in the world.
9. My heart would long for these sunrises and sunsets...
10 ...the best road trips in the country...
11. ...the spirit of adventure...
12. ...and, of course, the Keys.
13. There's a nice laid-back vibe.
14. And you can always find a way to have fun or relax.
15. Old Florida has its own blend of Southern and coastal charm unlike anything else.
What do you love most about living in Florida? Would you ever consider moving?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.