6 Family Friendly Farms In Delaware That Make For Delightful Day Trips
Are you looking for some of the best day trips around the state? Then you’re in the right place! We’ve searched high and low for unique things to do around Delaware. The end result? A list of some of the best farms in Delaware for some of the best day trips you can take!
So, do you agree? Are visiting farms in Delaware some of the best day trips you can think of? What are some other unique things to do around The First State? Tell us!
Your options for day trips don’t end with the locales above. There are tons of unique things to do around the state, including visiting these underrated places in Delaware that most natives have never even heard of.
More to Explore
Best Day Trips In Delaware
What are some other unique things to do around Delaware?
Some of the most unique things to do around Delaware are:
- The DiscoverSea Shipwreck Museum. Fun for all ages, the museum houses one of the largest collections of shipwreck and recovered artifacts in the Mid-Atlantic.
- Steampunk Treehouse in Milton is also among the unique things to do around Delaware. Originally designed for the 2007 Burning Man extravaganza, the towering sculpture, which is made from an array of miscellaneous objects, is located on the grounds of Dogfish Head Brewery. Keep in mind, visitors are welcome to admire the exterior of the concoction; however, the interior is off-limits to the public.
What are the best day trips in Delaware?
The best day trips in Delaware include:
- The Marian Coffin Garden. A hidden gem in Wilmington, the garden is tucked away behind a sprawling stone wall. Definitely worth seeking out, the garden is undeniably enchanting and the perfect place for a peaceful stroll.
- The Lightship Overfalls in Lewes is a great day trip destination as well. Basically a floating museum, the historic boat is the last light vessel built for the U.S. Lighthouse Service.
What are some of the best getaway spots in Delaware?
Some of the best getaway spots in Delaware include:
- The Bellmoor Inn and Spa in Rehoboth Beach. With spacious, luxurious rooms and exquisite amenities, it’s a prime place to catch up on some R&R. Among the inn’s many amazing amenities is its on-site spa, which offers a slew of services, from relaxing facials to body scrubs.
- The Inn at Montchanin Village and Spa is another great getaway in Delaware. Fit for a king or queen, the inn boasts historic guestrooms and, of course, an on-site spa for the ultimate in pampering. There’s even an on-site restaurant, so you don’t have to leave the property for the duration of your stay.