Glamp In Style At Lake Compounce Campground In Connecticut
Camping is fun. We love getting in touch with nature, sleeping under the stars, and building a campfire. But we get it, sometimes roughing it is just not that appealing. If you’re looking for camping, but with a little more style, glamping is right up your alley. It’s like camping, but with a little more luxury. You’re typically sleeping in a bed and not as exposed to the elements. Luckily for you, there are plenty of great spots to go glamping in Connecticut! One of our very favorites is Lake Compounce Campground.
Have you ever stayed in these Lake Compounce cabins? We’d love to hear about your experiences in the comments. If you know of any other great spots to go glamping in Connecticut, nominate them for a chance to see them featured in an upcoming article! Also, don’t forget to check out our previous article for 11 fun facts about Lake Compounce you probably didn’t know.
More to Explore
Glamping In Connecticut & Related Info
What should I know about camping at Lake Compounce?
- All campsites include Wi-Fi, a picnic table, and a fire pit.
- Campground guests receive discounted admission to Lake Compounce Amusement Park: $39 per person on the first day, and $15 on the second day.
- One-bedroom cabins sleep up to 5 people, while cub huts sleep up to 4.
- Tipis with up to 5 cots each are also available
- There is a $45.00 cancelation fee if canceled within 14 days of reservation for cabins, cub huts, and tipis, and 7 days for RVs and tent sites.
- Amenities include a 24-hour restroom and shower facility, coin-operated laundry room, playground, basketball and volleyball courts, and horseshoe and gaga ball pits.
- The on-site general store opens at 8 a.m. daily and closes one hour after the park.
Are there any other glamping spots in Connecticut?
Some of the best glamping spots in Connecticut include:
- Odetah Camping Resort, Bozrah
This woodland resort features lake access and miniature golf and is a short distance from Foxwoods Resort Casino.
- Strawberry Park Resort Campground, Preston
Situated on over 150 acres, this sprawling campground boasts multiple pools and daily activities.
- Mystic KOA Holiday, North Stonington
A coastal campground in far eastern Connecticut, Mystic KOA offers slides, miniature golf, and luxury cabins.
- Stateline Campresort and Cabins, East Killingly
Tucked away on the shoreline, this glamping resort is family-friendly, featuring themed weekends and lots of outdoor activities.
- Grandview Camping & Cottages, Moodus
Grandview Camping & Cottages sits on 22 acres of forested landscape and boasts a game room, pool, and other coveted amenities.