One Of The Most Haunted Cemeteries In Connecticut Is Also The Most Beautiful
Cemeteries in Connecticut can be spooky places – after all, they are the final home for hundreds of dead people. It’s certainly no surprise, then, that rumors of ghosts and spirits often surround cemeteries. It’s not at all uncommon for there to be stories about unexplained phenomena like floating orbs or strange sounds coming from haunted cemeteries. One of the most beautiful cemeteries in Connecticut that certainly has some urban legends surrounding it is Great Hill Cemetery in Seymour. This 18th-century burial ground is tucked away in the woods, and it’s actually still in use today.
Have you ever heard of the legend of Hookman at Great Hill Cemetery in Seymour, CT? Do you know of any other allegedly haunted cemeteries in Connecticut? Do you believe in these stories, or do you think they’re all just creepy urban legends?
You can check out a paranormal investigation of Great Hill Cemetery from YouTube user Valley Paranormal (Connecticut Paranormal Group):
If you’re planning on taking a trip to Seymour, there are many great places to stay here. Check out all the great vacation rentals in Seymour, CT available on Vrbo.
More to Explore
Cemeteries In Connecticut
What are some more of the most beautiful cemeteries in Connecticut?
It may seem a little odd to think of a cemetery as a place of beauty, but in Victorian times, graveyards were treated as parks. They were green spaces in the middle of urban areas where people could go and enjoy a stroll or even a family picnic. Here are a few of the most beautiful cemeteries in Connecticut:
- Grove Street Cemetery in New Haven (right on Yale's campus)
- Cedar Hill Cemetery in Hartford
- Ancient Burial Ground in Hartford
What are some more allegedly haunted cemeteries in Connecticut?
It's really no surprise that there are so many spooky legends surrounding cemeteries. Here are a few of the most haunted cemeteries in Connecticut, if you believe the stories:
- Union Cemetery in Easton is said to be haunted by the specter of the famed White Lady.
- Liberty Hill Cemetery in Lebanon is allegedly haunted by a whaling ship's captain who was murdered in a rum barrel by his crew.
- Stepney Cemetery in Monroe supposedly had quite a few legends surrounding it, but oddly enough, after famed paranormal investigator Ed Warren was buried there, the legends seem to have died down. Perhaps he quelled the spirits!