11 Unusual Experiences That Unite Every Coloradan
If you hail from the Centennial State, you know that there are just certain things that you have done and experienced that others will never understand. From certain foods we eat to attractions we’ve visited, there are just some experiences that unite us as Coloradans, including these 11 totally unusual things:
1. Getting chased by a gorilla and then getting sick at Casa Bonita.
It isn't a pleasant rite of passage, but many people experience some stomach issues after visiting the iconic CB... it's a good thing they have a waterfall, mangy gorilla, and mariachi band, or I would probably never go there again.
2. Cheering for a team that never wins.
3. Dipping your pizza crust in honey.
Don't knock it until you try it, non-native! (Oh, and for all of you New Yorkers and Chicagoans who may be reading this: Mountain-style pizza is the king of ALL the pizza.)
4. Getting a weird look for inquiring about craft beers on tap.
If all you have are Buds or Coors, you have lost our business (unless it has been a
really rough day, in which case we *may* consider a Coors).
5. Having to stop at a yellow light because the idiot in front of you doesn't understand the unwritten "you've got another 10 seconds to go after the light turns red" rule.
6. Speaking of traffic, every Coloradan has been completely stopped/trapped on both I-70...
7. ...and I-25.
Nothing gets our blood boiling quite like Colorado traffic... stop moving here, people! We only have one major road running north to south and one running east to west!
8. Smelling weed and not giving it a second thought.
Do you want to know an easy way to spot a native? We are the ones who are not going on and on about how crazy it is to be able to buy weed from someplace other than the parking lot behind a bowling alley.
9. Wearing flip flops in the snow.
Why would you ever spend money on expensive snow boots when you can get a perfectly good pair of flip flops for $1?
10. Planning your Halloween costume around your winter coat.
Do you want to hear something that isn't fair? In my oldest son's four years of Halloweens, it has been nothing but warm and sunny. I'm downright jealous!
11. And finally, no knowledge of traditional directions.
In Colorado, west is toward the mountains and east is toward the Plains, while north is toward Fort Collins and south is toward the Springs.
Now that you know all about the weird experiences that unite us Coloradans, check out these
11 Foolproof Ways To Spot An Imposter In Colorado.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.