Colorado October 26, 2015
13 Extremely Weird Things Only People From Colorado Do
Do you like to smother things in green chili, disregard the weather report and climb 2,700 grueling steps for the heck of it? Then you might just be a weird and proud Coloradoan! Here are 13 other extremely weird things that only people from Colorado do:
1. Snow = flip flop weather
Boots take waaaaaaaaay too long to slip on.
2. When it snows, we *may* also consider pairing a jacket with our flops.
Heavy coats? We don't need no stinking coats!
3. We could (and sometimes do) put green chili on EVERYTHING.
Smother that burrito, douce those eggs and top that ice cream--we support you!
4. Even in the worst of times, we stand by our men.
Don't worry, Rox; we'll get 'em next year!
5. When Kathy Sabine says there is severe weather in the area, we run out to the front porch.
How else are you supposed to see the tornado?
6. We enjoy torturing ourselves.
The ever-popular Manitou Incline consists of approximately 2,744 steps and a 2,000 foot climb in elevation.
7. We don't get too creeped out when driving to DIA.
Not anymore, at least...
8. We don't always drink to get drunk.
Sometimes, we do. Most times, we just want to enjoy a locally brewed beer or two with our green chili.
9. We don't all partake in legalized marijuana.
Weird, I know!
10. We like to plaster things with gold.
The dome of the Colorado state capitol is plated in 24K gold. NBD.
11. We prefer spending our time outdoors...
When the Rocky Mountains are in your own backyard, who has time to sit inside?!
12. ...but sometimes we'll take in a show or two.
Fun fact: the Denver Performing Art Complex is the second largest performing arts center in the WORLD.
13. Finally, we prefer to listen to music next to giant rocks.
Try it once and you'll be hooked.
What other weird, unusual or unconventional things do Coloradoans like to do?