Denver January 19, 2018
9 Reasons Why Denver Is The Most Unique City In America
There truly is no place like home for those who live in the Mile High City. From the weather to the restaurants, there are a multitude of things that set Denver apart from the rest. Check out this list of 9 unique qualities that Denver possesses that make it a city like no other, and a city we are all proud to call home.
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. We bask in 300 days of sunshine each year.
There's no shortage of Vitamin D here in Denver.
2. The Mile HIgh City is just that, a mile high. Sitting at 5,280 feet in elevation, we are proud to point out this unique trait.
Even Coors Field distinguishes this trademark with a row of purple seats that sit at our famous elevation.
3. Many affectionately call Denver, "The Best Beer City in America," and it's no wonder why.
We are home to a massive beer festival each year and the local microbrew scene has exploded with new craft breweries popping up all around the MIle High City.
4. People come from all over the world to experience the epic outdoor entertainment venue that is Red Rocks Amphitheater.
The natural beauty of the sights and sounds that concert-goers take in is definitely one-of-a-kind.
5. If the taxidermy-filled walls of the Buckhorn Exchange could talk, you'd soon be filled in on a historical tale filled with famous diners indulging in the house specialty of Rocky Mountain Oysters and other exotic meats since it opened in 1893.
This restaurant and bar is truly a Denver icon.
6. Where else are you welcomed at the aiport with a statue of a blue mustang that has been nick-named "Blucifer" by locals?
7. Our backyard is pretty hard to beat. Not only is it breathtakingly beautiful, but it is also a ton of fun. We'll understand if you want to come over and play.
8. We are home to the one an only Casa Bonita... where people don't even care that the food isn't good. They just keep coming back to see the impressive cliff divers.
9. We are a dream city if your preferred mode of transportation is a bicycle. The trails in Denver are seemingly endless and you'll find that most streets offer your very own bike lane to help you along the way.
What would you add to this list of things that make Denver unique? Please share in the comments below.
If you’re visiting Denver, or looking for a fun and exciting place to spend a staycation, check out this
hotel in Denver that is unlike any other.