Some Of The Cleanest And Clearest Water Can Be Found At Colorado's Lake Isabelle
Wondering about the clearest lake in Colorado? There are countless lakes in Colorado that are nearly pristine, some of the most famous being Hanging Lake in Glenwood Springs, the aptly named Blue Lakes near Ridgway, and the other Blue Lake near Denver. If you have seen all of these for yourself and want to visit a new hidden gem, we highly recommend visiting the clean and clear waters of Lake Isabelle!
What lake do you think has the clearest water in Colorado? Let us know in the comments!
For even more of our favorite bodies of water, check out these 11 epic Colorado lakes and swimming holes.
More to Explore
The Best of Colorado
What are the best state parks in Colorado?
Are you looking for something more than just lakes in Colorado? Explore some of the best state parks in Colorado:
- Chatfield State Park: This 3,895-acre park is located in Littleton. Here, you’ll have 17 trails to explore as well as opportunities to horseback ride, fish, camp, and even take a hot air balloon ride. You can also take a boat out on the Chatfield Reservoir or grab a bite to eat at Seagull’s Restaurant.
- Rifle Gap State Park: You’ll find this 1,341-acre park over in Rifle. It’s a great spot in warm weather with a reservoir for swimming, fishing, sailing, and more as well as ample campsites. You can also hike, hunt, or picnic here. And in the winter, it’s a nice area for snowmobiling and cross-country skiing.
What are the best waterfalls in Colorado?
Prepare to be awestruck by some of the best waterfalls in Colorado:
- Seven Falls: Located in Colorado Springs, you can access this 181-foot waterfall via 224 steps up or by the mountain elevator. (I’d choose walking up and riding down!) The falls have seven different segments, hence its name.
- Helen Hunt Falls: You can get to these falls from North Cheyenne Cañon Park in Colorado Springs. The hike to see them is less than a mile and a little steep, but well worth the effort when you arrive at the 35-foot falls.
- North Clear Creek Falls: This one is easy to get to. Just head along the Silver Thread Scenic Byway. Once you pass Forest Road 510, you’ll get wide-open views of this 100-foot-tall waterfall.
What are the best beaches in Colorado?
The clearest lake in Colorado isn't all there is, of course! Check out some of the best beaches in Colorado:
- Grand Lake: You’ll find this 507-acre lake on the western side of Rocky Mountain National Park. Enjoy sunbathing, boating, fishing, and swimming, all with jaw-dropping scenic views of the mountains. It is the largest lake in the state.
- Jackson Lake State Park: Not only can you bike and hike at this park in Orchard, but you can also swim, waterski, or boat at the beach here. When I visited, the weather wasn’t cooperating too much, so we only did a short hike and then explored the fun visitor’s center.
- Horsetooth Reservoir: This beach is located in Larimer County. It’s a great spot to swim, sunbathe, canoe, kayak, fish, and scuba dive. You can also camp here for the night, which I highly recommend!