Hike To A Series Of Red Rock Caves In Arizona For An Out-Of-This World Experience
Sedona is home to more caves than we could ever attempt to count – and that’s not even considering the ones yet to be discovered! If you’ve never embarked on the Raven Caves Trail near the Munds Mountain Wilderness, it’s definitely worth adding to your outdoor adventure bucket list. It’s not only one of the best hikes in Sedona, but one of the best hikes in Arizona. At just half a mile long, it’s easily among the shortest hikes in the area, and you’ll get to explore the inside of the iconic red rocks we all know and love. How cool is that?
See what it’s like to hike this beautiful trail:
Have you ever hiked the Raven Caves Trail? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience in the comments section! Tell us your thoughts, then check out these other hidden caves in Arizona just waiting for you to discover them. Make sure to check AllTrails for Ravens Caves Trail reviews and the most up-to-date information on any hiking trail. And don’t forget to sign up for AllTrails+ for even more tips!
More to Explore
Amazing Attractions in Arizona
What are some hidden gem attractions in Arizona?
Some hidden gem attractions in Arizona include:
- Coronado Trail Scenic Byway. This is a lovely drive in a part of Arizona most people don’t see. The forests here are gorgeous.
- Tonto National Monument. This area has a ton of wildlife and is strewn with ancient cliff dwellings.
- Walnut Canyon National Monument. While there are many areas with cliff dwellings, this one lets you get up close.
- Aravaipa Canyon Wilderness. This is a stunning canyon that only lets 50 people at a time in to preserve its beauty.
Learn more about these and other hidden gem attractions in Arizona.
What are the best remote destinations in Arizona?
The best remote destinations in Arizona include:
- Blue Canyon. This is located on the Hopi Reservation and it is rife with amazing rock formations, including those known as hoodoos.
- Blue Ridge Reservoir. You might be surprised that such a lush forest can be found in a desert state like Arizona.
- Madera Canyon. This is the best of both worlds in that it has both forest and desert in the same canyon.
- Navajo National Monument. This is deep into the Navajo Reservation and it has several ancient cliff dwellings.
Find out more about the best remote destinations in Arizona.
What are the coolest Old West attractions in Arizona?
The coolest Old West attractions in Arizona include:
- Castle Dome Mining Museum. This is not just a museum but a reconstruction of a small town that became submerged in the Colorado River.
- For Bowie National Historic Site. Parts of the original adobe walls are still around for visitors to get a glimpse of history.
- Oatman. This is an old town on the famous Route 66 which is replete with Old West charm and style.
- Tombstone. This is the ultimate Old West destination as it was the site of the historical O.K. Corral shootout.
Discover more about the coolest Old West attractions in Arizona.