8 Winter Festivals In Arizona That Are Simply Unforgettable
Looking for some fun activities to get you out of the house this holiday season? Or maybe you need a few interesting ways to keep your kids entertained once winter vacation begins? Here are a few winter festivals in Arizona happening all throughout the chilly season that you won’t want to miss! How many of these cold-weather traditions did you already know about? Which ones are you adding to your to-do list? Let us know!
Want to find some amazing light displays around the state? Check out our article about some jaw-dropping Christmas light displays in Arizona that are pure magic for details!
More to Explore
Winter Festivals in Arizona
What are some must-do winter festivals in Arizona?
Winter in Arizona is a truly magical time, and many of its cities and towns celebrate the season in their own ways. Every state has its must-do winter festivals, and the Copper State is no different. That being said, there are lots of must-do winter festivals in Arizona worth doing, like:
- The Havasu Balloon Festival – This one’s amazing! Every January, the town of Lake Havasu comes alive with colorful hot air balloons. It’s a must.
- The Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade – Every year in Tempe, this festival charms with, well, exactly what it sounds like!
- The Festival of Trees – This amazing Flagstaff tradition is a must-do for every Arizonan at least once.
Learn more about another amazing winter festival in Arizona, the Parada Del Sol Parade.
What is winter in Arizona like?
Winter in Arizona is a truly magical time, with plenty to do, see, and experience – not to mention some of the best winter climate in the US! Arizona celebrates winter in different ways, and there are all kinds of things to do in Arizona during the winter, such as:
- Northern Arizona – A visit to Flagstaff, Sedona, Page, or any other Northern Arizona place is a must when covered in snow.
- Phoenix – Phoenix (and the Phoenix metro) is amazing during the winter. While other states complain about their –15 degrees, we’re over here with 65 degrees and sunny. Sorry everyone.
- Southern Arizona – Mt. Lemmon is one of the most amazing, low-key winter destinations in Arizona. It’s nothing short of awesome!
Learn more about surviving a winter in Arizona.
What are some things to do in Arizona for the winter?
Of course, the list of things to do in Arizona for the winter doesn’t end with the above-mentioned items alone. The real list is so long that we can’t sum it up in a couple of short paragraphs, but there ARE a few more that are absolutely worth mentioning, including:
- Glendale Glitters – This adorable suburb of Phoenix gets decked out every year in hundreds of thousands of lights. It’s incredible!
- ZooLights – The Phoenix Zoo is always awesome, but it’s especially so when covered top-to-bottom with brilliant holiday lights.
- The Polar Express – Head up to Flagstaff with the kids for the ultimate Santa experience surrounded by the snowy wonder of Northern Arizona.
Learn more about fun things to do in Arizona for the winter.