Arizona November 06, 2015
You And Your Partner Will Love These 12 Unique Date Ideas In Arizona
I, for one, actually like staying in to watch a movie with my sweetie over a freshly delivered pizza or Chinese food. But there are some nights where one of us wants to leave the house to do something other than shop for groceries or taking in a dinner and a movie. If you’re looking for something new to do this weekend with your partner, try out one of these fun date ideas!
1. Go for a hike out in Arizona’s beautiful landscape.
If you want to get your heart rate up, try the West Fork Oak Creek Trail in Sedona where you can couple pretty views with a chance to chat with your sweetie.
2. Enjoy a stroll around a large garden, such as the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix.
3. For a quiet, romantic moment, watch an Arizona sunrise or sunset together.
This can go along with the previous activity. Make it a little more special by enjoying it from a viewpoint and sharing a cup of coffee or glass of wine. (Whichever you choose depends on the time of day.)
4. For something fun and challenging, try rock climbing.
You can opt to do this at a rock climbing gym, (such as Rocks & Ropes at 330 South Toole Avenue in Tucson,) or climb up some actual rocks.
5. If you really can’t escape seeing a movie, try making it a little more retro by going to the drive-in.
The last surviving drive-in here in Arizona is the West Wind Glendale 9, at 5650 North 55th Avenue in Glendale.
6. Go horseback riding to get a glimpse of how people used to travel in Arizona in the old days.
7. Build a campfire and enjoy a fire-cooked meal and s’mores under the stars.
Just remember to practice responsible fire safety: Keep the fire contained in a designated fire pit and make sure it is completely extinguished before leaving.
8. Go out dancing! You can find themed dances not only at local bars, but a number of places also offer a one-hour lesson before the dance.
Go swing dancing at the Duce in downtown Phoenix (525 South Central Avenue) or country dancing at Matt’s Saloon in Prescott (112 South Montezume Street).
9. Ride a hot air balloon to get a different perspective of Arizona.
Add a morning brunch and you’re all set for an unforgettable date!
10. Volunteer together at a local nonprofit organization.
Not only will you spend some time bonding with your sweetie, but you can also help out your community at the same time.
11. Visit a local lake and rent a paddle or pedal boat to ride together.
We suggest checking out Lake Havasu, Tempe Town Lake, or any other large lake that offers boat rentals.
12. Get domestic by taking a cooking class, or let out your inner artist by taking an art class together.
I’ve actually done a lot of these over the years, and the best part is that most of the activities are either low-cost or free! Which activity would you like to do with your sweetie? Let us know in the comments section below.