Alabama September 17, 2019
9 Undeniable Reasons To Visit Cheaha Mountain, Alabama’s Highest Natural Point
Alabama is home to numerous outdoor attractions, including Cheaha Mountain. Many people explore this mountain each year because of the wonderful things it offers. Listed below are nine of the best reasons to visit Cheaha Mountain. Which ones do you agree with?
1. Cheaha Mountain Is home to Cheaha State Park, Alabama's oldest state park.
Cheaha State Park (Delta) opened it 1933, making it Alabama's oldest continuously operating state park.
2. It offers the most breathtaking views you'll ever experience.
You can see for miles and miles while atop Cheaha Mountain.
3. One of Alabama's best restaurants is located on Cheaha Mountain.
Vista Cliffside Restaurant is Cheaha State Park's award-winning restaurant. While dining at this restaurant, guests can enjoy Cheaha Mountain's amazing view. Address: 2141 Bunker Loop, Delta, AL, 36258.
4. While exploring Cheaha Mountain, you'll be surrounded by the beautiful Talladega National Forest.
The Talladega National Forest was established in 1936 and is one of Alabama's true gems. Covering nearly 393,000 acres, it's also one of the state's most beautiful nature areas.
5. Cheaha Mountain offers a variety of hiking trails.
Cheaha Mountain attracts hikers of all ages and skill levels because of its great variety of trails.
6. No matter the season, this majestic mountain is accessible all year long.
Cheaha Mountain is the perfect outdoor attraction to explore year-round, especially during the fall season.
7. Cheaha Mountain is home to Cheaha Lake, a beautiful 6-acre lake.
Cheaha Lake offers a variety of recreational activities for all ages, including swimming, paddle boarding, etc. It also has a beach area.
8. If you wish to stay overnight, Cheaha Mountain offers several tent camping opportunities.
If you enjoy getting close with nature, you're in luck because there are several campsites atop Cheaha Mountain that let you stay overnight in a tent.
9. If tent camping isn't really your thing, cabins, RV camping, and a beautiful lodge are also options.
When it comes to staying overnight, many visitors of Cheaha Mountain would much rather have access to electricity, running water, etc, so it's great to have these options.
Have you ever experienced any of the great things Cheaha Mountain offers? If so, what? Let us know in the comments below!
For a closer look at the breathtaking views you’ll experience while atop Cheaha Mountain, be sure to take a look at our previous article:
This Is The Highest Point In Alabama And The Views Are Positively Breathtaking.