Alabama March 25, 2016
11 Reasons Why This Alabama City Is A True Hidden Gem
One of Alabama’s fastest growing cities is Huntsville. As a matter of fact, it’s projected that “The Rocket City” could soon be the largest city in the state. There’s just something about this great city that attracts new residents year after year. Listed below are 11 reasons why the city of Huntsville is a true hidden gem.
1. Huntsville isn't only "The Rocket City." It's also "America's Space Capital."
The first rocket (Saturn V) that put humans on the moon was designed and built in Huntsville, Alabama. Pictured: U.S. Space & Rocket Center
2. The Rocket City has a diverse restaurant scene, serving a variety of international foods such as Mexican, French and Thai.
Pictured: Nam Tok Beef / Phuket Thai Restaurant
3. Huntsville is home to one of Alabama's most picturesque botanical gardens.
This beautiful garden also features the nation's largest seasonal butterfly house. Pictured: Huntsville Botanical Garden
4. Huntsville, a thriving creative community, is home to Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment - America’s largest independent center for the arts.
Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, located in a huge historic textile mill, is a rising home for music, art and culture. It serves as a space where artists and musicians can create, learn and collaborate with each other.
5. Because of numerous farmers markets, Huntsville has no shortage of fresh local produce.
Don't forget to support your local farmers. Pictured: Fresh Strawberries at The Greene Street Market at Nativity
6. The Rocket City is home to the Panoply Arts Festival - one of the region’s largest festivals.
The Panoply Arts Festival is an annual three-day celebration of the arts in Huntville. This premier art festival will take place April 29th, 30th and May 1st in downtown Huntsville's Big Spring Park.
7. The city of Huntsville is a nature lover's paradise.
Pictured: Japanese Garden at Monte Sano State Park
8. The Rocket City knows how to brew the perfect cup of joe and...
Pictured: Angel's Island Coffee
9. ...there's no messing around when it comes to pizza.
Pictured: Earth and Stone Wood Fired Pizza
10. Because Huntsville is such a friendly place, you're likely to make friends wherever you go.
And sometimes you don't even have to leave your car.
Pictured: Harmony Park Safari
11. From sunrise to sunset, the city of Huntsville truly is a beautiful hidden gem.
Then again, was there any doubt?
In what other ways is the city of Huntsville a true hidden gem?