Ohio February 12, 2016
17 Struggles Everyone In Ohio Can Relate To
Sometimes, here in Ohio the struggle is all too real.
There’s always an unexpected weather occurrence to combat. There’s always an out-of-stater who thinks you grew up on a farm and tipped a cow. (What?!) And there’s always bizarre street construction that never seems to serve a purpose or have a completion date. If you’ve lived in Ohio for awhile, these are 17 struggles you can totally relate to:
1. When you are 100 percent convinced that you don’t have an accent and someone from out of state is dead-set on convincing you that you do.
2. When you THINK you know what the weather’s going to be like and then a mild blizzard comes out of no where—and it’s freaking mid-March.
3. When you’re forced to use the AC and heat in the same day BECAUSE THE WEATHER WON’T PICK A FREAKING SEASON.
4. While driving (anywhere in the world really) your eyes scan surrounding woods and the road ahead for deer.
5. When you hit a gaping pothole that Gandalf the Gray is STILL falling down.
6. You know (all too well) the reality of the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry that can tear family and friends apart.
7. Not being able to handle the stress that comes with the Ohio State vs. Michigan football game—and National Championship games.
8. When people from out of state ask you what cow tipping is like and you honestly have no idea what to tell them because you’re not even really sure what that is.
None of us know. None of us know because WE DON’T DO THAT HERE.
9. When you give directions based on a location’s proximity to a major city and you give them in time increments, (not miles), and your friend STILL wants to know where something is located as if you didn't even answer the question.
What more do you want from me, bro?
10. When you’re just trying to drive to work but street construction be like:
11. When you're pressed for time and you pull out onto the road behind an Amish buggy.
12. When someone from out of state makes fun of you for saying “pop” instead of “soda” and you just want to scream: YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN I AM NOT AN ALIEN.
13. When you yell “O-H!” and get no reply.
Where is the love?
14. When someone refers to Athens or Oxford you don’t necessarily consider Europe right away.
15. Summer days without humidity are incomprehensible.
16. You’re still trying to convince visitors (and haters) that the Cuyahoga River is no longer flammable.
17. You’re still trying to convince yourself that Ohio really is the best state ever in spite of its craziness.
Can you relate to these? What other struggles are there that come with being an Ohioan?