Ohio June 28, 2016
18 Photos That Perfectly Sum Up Ohio In The Summer
Summer in Ohio is a memorable time. Our local lakes are bustling with activity, cookouts and cornhole games abound and the annual family trips to Cedar Point or Kings Island are still summer highlights for many of us, (even if the humidity was borderline unbearable that day.) Sure, Florida and other oceanside states are fun and all, but there’s nothing quite like a summer in Ohio. Here are 18 photos that perfectly sum up this (mostly) loveable season in the Buckeye State:
1. The corn fields are vibrant and the back roads look like this:
2. We flock to our favorite lake and soak up the sun...
3. ...but we don't always stick to the rivers and the lakes that we're used to. We chase waterfalls, too.
4. No graduation party or family get together is complete without a game of corn hole.
5. The cicadas might be nearly gone, but that doesn't mean their shells are just yet.
6. Just when we think the humidity might suffocate us, the clouds break.
7. There's ALWAYS something going on in your favorite city.
8. And there's always the shores of Lake Erie when you're really, really longing for the ocean.
9. You frequent your favorite hiking spot for some shade and a change of scenery...
April Dray/Only In Your State
10. ...but even in the gorges and the caves, THE HUMIDITY STILL FINDS YOU.
11. Nearly every summer, you get your amusement park fix. Whether you stand in line for hours for your favorite ride or the newest coaster at Cedar Point...
12. ...or you keep it classic and ride The Beast at Kings Island.
13. Still, nothing beats fishing with the ones you love.
14. And it's ALWAYS time for ice cream. <3
15. The strawberry festivals throughout the state are endless. (But we wouldn't have it any other way.)
16. And The Ohio State Fair is something you look forward to...
17. ...even though you observe as many indoor booths and displays as possible while you're there to avoid the heat for just a little while longer.
18. And even if you're fortunate enough to take a lengthy vacation out of state, you come back more thankful than ever that Ohio is where your heart is. <3
Can you relate? What other photos would perfectly sum up Ohio in the summer? Share them with us via our
Facebook page, and be sure to check out 15 Activities To Add To Your Ohio Bucket List This Summer and 9 MORE Activities To Add To Your Ohio Bucket List This Summer.