Ohio June 15, 2016
The 21 Best Decisions You Can Make In Ohio
Here at Only In Your State, we think there are a few decisions you can make to enhance your quality of life and overall experience of living in Ohio. From simple, everyday practical habits to seasonal and/or one-time choices, here are what we consider to be the 21 best decisions you can make in Ohio:
1. Get out there and explore our national, state and city parks as much as possible. They are truly beautiful.
2. (And, consequently, invest in several bottles of mosquito repellent.)
3. ALWAYS scan the road ahead with your eyes for deer. (Highways are no exception.)
4. Balance and rotate your tires often because Ohio is essentially the pot hole capital of the world.
5. Ride as many roller coasters as possible at the Roller Coaster Capital of the World because YOLO. (You only live once.)
6. Try Skyline Chili before you knock it. (Then check out Tony Packo’s or Netty’s if their coneys don’t cut it for you.)
7. Check out your local farmers market. It will revolutionize your grocery shopping.
8. Keep a jacket, umbrella and ice scraper in your car at ALL times because you legitimately NEVER know with Ohio weather.
9. Find and establish your favorite waterfall or swimming hole this summer.
10. Also, check out one of our botanical gardens or conservatories this summer and get ready to be amazed.
April Dray/ Only In Your State
11. Don’t forget about our small towns. They’re perfect for quaint day trips.
12. Make a point to experience Ohio Amish Country. <3
13. Visit our city waterfront parks. There’s always something to see or do there.
April Dray/Only In Your State
14. Try your hand at making candy buckeyes. (Then bum some off of your grandma and/or other relatives or friends the next time they make them because they know what they’re doing.)
15. Drive through as many covered bridges as possible. We’ve got plenty and they’re beautiful.
16. Also, look for the Bicentennial Barns, and stop to photograph them. <3
17. Spend a day on the shores of (and in the waters of) Lake Erie.
18. Take advantage of our impressive museums.
19. Photograph your favorite city at night. You'll gain a new love for it.
20. Travel the back roads whenever possible. <3
21. Take frequent road trips. There’s more to see in Ohio than you probably know.
What do you think of this list? What are some other great decisions you can make in Ohio?