In New Hampshire we know the importance of live free or die. And sometimes, that means doing what works for us, even if other people would find it a bit strange. Here are 11 extremely weird things that you probably do if you’re from the Granite State.
1. We buy our liquor from the state-run liquor store at the rest area along the highway.
And we know they don’t sell beer.
2. We sometimes use snowmobiles or four wheelers to get to work.
It’s just easier in the snow and mud.
3. We run our wood stoves with the windows open.
'Cause sometimes you just need some fresh air.
4. We are very proud of our vanity plates.
5. We talk about Massholes and Maniacs, and can identify them from their driving alone.
6. We wear short sleeves if the temperature is above freezing.
Don’t forget the sun screen!
7. We compare every place to home, no matter how happy we are to travel.
Yeah, we’re secretly judging.
8. We have a love/hate relationship with Boston.
We love the sports, but would hate to actually be from there.
9. We know iced coffee is a year-round drink.
And that Dunkin Donuts is the only place to get it.
10. We roll our eyes at tourists, but secretly love that they’re impressed by our state.
If only they didn’t cause so much traffic.
11. We raise money for charity by jumping into freezing water.
There’s got to be an easier way.