Christmas is always such a magical time of year – and if you’re lucky enough to spend it in Nebraska, it’s even better. Besides the fact that it’s just the best place to be overall, these are the ways that Nebraska does Christmas better than anywhere else.
1. All those Christmas tree lighting ceremonies.
There are a few of them every weekend from mid-November to early December in every part of the state. If you were a really savvy planner and didn't have anything else to do, you could easily attend tree lighting ceremonies in a dozen towns!
2. EVERYONE gets in on the decorating fun! From homes...
3. ...to businesses...
4. ...to state parks...
Like Fort Robinson's annual "Light Up the Fort" event in Crawford.
And Buffalo Bill Ranch in North Platte.
5. ...to museums.
The Stuhr Museum's Fantasy of Trees has more than 60 decorated trees this year!
6. We've even had a whole Christmas City setting the seasonal stage for an entire century.
This year marks Minden's 100th annual Christmas lights display!
7. Plus, have you ever seen Hemingford's Christmas Diorama?
At about 2.5 football fields in length, this massive art project tells the Christmas story in a beautifully unique way every year thanks to hard-working volunteers.
8. We like to celebrate our heritage with festive ethnic Christmas parties.
Wilber, the Czech Capital of the U.S.A., knows how to throw a solid Czech Christmas. And Dannebrog's Old-Fashioned Danish Christmas is a one-of-a-kind experience!
9. There's always a Christmas craft fair or bake sale to be found.
They're at schools, churches, community centers, malls, parks...anywhere you can fit a few dozen folding tables, you can bet we'll organize an event there to help you get your Christmas crafts fix.
10. Santa lives everywhere in Nebraska!
You can find him all over the state in special places like SantaLand in Creighton.
11. Nebraska is where your heart lives.
Family is what we value more than anything this holiday season. And when you and your extended Nebraska family get together to celebrate, that's what makes it the most wonderful time of the year.
Why else is Christmas in Nebraska the absolute best? Tell us all about it in the comments.