I really do get a huge kick out of reading some of these INSANE laws in Georgia. It’s true that not many people even realize that some of these things are illegal, and some don’t even know why these laws existed in the first place. But alas, we don’t make the rules. We’re just able to kick back and enjoy them while we can.
1. Athens, Georgia actually prohibits "human-produced sounds," including whistling within 300 feet of a building on the weeknights.
So the next time you're whistling while you work...you probably should stop.
2. In Columbus, Georgia it is illegal to sit on one’s porch in an indecent position.
If you're thinking of doing yoga on your porch....I wouldn't if I were you.
3. In Acworth, Georgia all citizens must own a rake.
Lawn care is really important, guys.
4. In Atlanta, it is against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.
Giraffes actually get extremely upset when you try to teach them to play fetch, too.
5. It is illegal to change the clothes on a storefront mannequin unless the shades are down.
Mannequins need privacy too, right?
6. In Marietta, Georgia although it is illegal to spit from a car or bus, citizens may spit from a truck.
So if ever there was a time to trade in that small car for a truck, it's now.
7. It is illegal to take a bath of orange peel.
This law was put into place after a lot of oranges rolled into the capital demanding compost instead.
8. In Quitman, Georgia, It is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.
Because they're just so tired of being asked why.
9. It is illegal to say “Oh, Boy” in Jonesboro.
So they next time you're angry, I guess cursing is your best bet to avoid jail time. But speaking of cursing...
10. It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body that lies in a funeral home or in a coroners office.
If you're thinking of attending your arch-nemesis' funeral, I'd think twice if I were you.
11. In Dublin, it is unlawful for any person to play ball by throwing, catching, pitching or batting a ball on any public street, alley or sidewalk of the city.
So basically they should just rid themselves of all happy children and excited puppies.
12. In Athen, Georgia adult bookstores may not sell alcohol.
Adult reading and alcohol just don't mix, so stop trying.
13. Goldfish may not be given away to entice someone to enter a game of bingo. It is illegal.
If they don't want to play, they just don't want to play, OK?!