Colorado won my heart long ago, but Denver has worked its way in and staked its claim. There are a million reasons to love Denver – great people, great food, great surroundings, great lifestyle. I could write a love letter to Denver every day, and every day I would find something new and different to praise. Here are just 19 of the reasons I heart Denver.
1. The views are incredible!
No matter where you are in the Mile High City, there's always spectacular scenery surrounding you.
2. Denver is best seen by bike!
An ideal way to get the most of the city is by bopping around on a bike, and with over 850 miles of bikeable paths and trails, Denver makes it pretty easy.
3. ...and you don't even have to have your own!
Denver's B-cycle has 700 bikes at 87 stations throughout the city...and it's cheap too!
4. Did I mention the views?
5. Serene sunset walks are a must.
With roughly 20,000 acres of urban and mountain parkland, it's not hard to find a much needed moment of serenity and solitude in and around the city. Namaste.
6. Stunning architecture is everywhere.
Do yourself a favor and take your camera on a walking tour of downtown Denver...or any part of the city for that matter. You can capture the beauty of historical landmarks and new, mod architectural gems around every corner.
7. I heart art.
Thank you to the Denver Art Museum and the dozens of other fabulous galleries, museums, and studios around the Mile High that fill us with innovative visual arts and get our creative juices flowing.
8. I heart live music.
Not only does Denver host a plethora of mainstream chart-topping acts, it's also deeply dedicated to upholding the roots, folk, and acoustic traditions on which our country was founded. Proud to be Americana!
9. If you don't like the weather, just wait an hour. (Or five minutes.)
One of the most endearing qualities about Denver is its highly unpredictable (somewhat volatile) weather. It's charming really; it truly is.
10. Because the lights at Larimer Square will always make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
11. The views.
12. Because ordering a 7-lb. breakfast burrito is totally normal, expected even.
This will also make me feel warm and fuzzy inside...and I'm a huge fan of anything containing multiple (hot) sauces.
13. DIA has direct flights to just about anywhere.
(But please be courteous and do not board the plane after your 7-lb. burrito).
14. Did I mention the views? And the weather?
15. People are seriously into geocaching. Seriously.
I'm new to this game, but trust me...real life treasure hunts are fun. (So are Indiana Jones hats).
16. The views. 'Merica.
17. People are just darn friendly.
Maybe it's all the Vitamin D from all the sunshine or the endorphins from all the exercise, but we Denverites tend to be pretty jovial.
18. Maybe it's the views!?
19. Or maybe it's that there's always something fresh and fantastic to discover in the marvelous Mile High City!
Down the rabbit hole...
I can’t wait to hear why your heart will always be in Denver! Share why you love Denver in the comments.