This Waterfall Staircase Hike May Be The Most Unique In All Of Wisconsin
If you love nature, get ready to be blown away by a true natural wonder. One of the very best hikes in Wisconsin is tucked into the beautiful Governor Dodge State Park. This short, half-mile-long trail will take you right up to Stephens Falls, WI. The most incredible part is that you descend a staircase that feels like it magically transports you to a totally different world. It’s an experience you and your group will be certain to remember!
Governor Dodge State Park is located in Dodgeville, Wisconsin, and there are stunningly beautiful views all around it.
What other short and sweet hikes do you love? Do you have other favorite Wisconsin waterfalls you have been to? Please let us know in the comments! We would love to hear all about your experiences. Looking for more great ways to get outdoors in the Badger State? Check out some fun short hikes in Wisconsin. You’ll love them all!
More to Explore
Nature in Wisconsin
What are the most beautiful waterfalls in Wisconsin?
The most beautiful waterfalls in Wisconsin will take your breath away. Check them out:
- Big Manitou Falls in Superior
- Little Manitou Falls in Foxboro
- Amnicon Falls
- Potato River Falls in Gurney
- Long Slide in Niagara
- Morgan Falls in Marengo
What are the best state parks in Wisconsin?
The best state parks in Wisconsin are full of natural beauty. Head out to see them all:
- Devil's Lake State Park in Baraboo
- Governor Dodge State Park in Dodgeville
- Peninsula State Park in Fish Creek
- Newport State Park in Ellison Bay
- Rib Mountain State Park in Wausau
- Perrot State Park in Trempealeau
- Lakeshore State Park in Milwaukee
- Kohler-Andrae State Park in Wilson
- Brunet Island State Park in Chippewa County
What are the best hikes in Wisconsin?
The best hikes in Wisconsin are reinvigorating and gorgeous! Take a walk you won't forget at these spots:
- Fern Dell Gorge in Reedsburg
- Pattison State Park in Superior
- Geneva Lake Shore Path on Fontana-On-Geneva-Lake
- Scuppernong Springs Nature Loop in Dousman
- Lost Creek Falls Walking Trail in Cornucopia
- Willow Falls Hill Trail in Hudson
- Dunes Cordwalk in Sheboygan
- Pier Natural Bridge Park in Richland Center
- St. Peter’s Dome Trail in Marengo
- Fonferek’s Glen Trail in Green Bay