The Halloween Train Ride At The Milwaukee Light Engineering Society Is Filled With Fun For The Whole Family
A big Wisconsin fall experience is delivered in a fun, scaled-down package at one particular Milwaukee attraction. If you’re looking for things to do in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the Milwaukee Light Engineering Society operates a pint-sized railway that takes riders on a fall ride like no other. The Milwaukee Light Engineering Society’s Pumpkin Train will delight train lovers of all ages along with a few spooky twists. Here’s what you need to know.
Check out the trains and tracks at the Milwaukee Light Engineering Society:
You can take a mini train ride on Milwaukee Light Engineering Society’s fall Pumpkin Trains on autumn weekends, and there are also afternoon and evening rides on the schedule. See the latest ride schedules, admission details, and more on the Society’s Facebook page. While you’re in Cedarburg, why not visit the state’s oldest covered bridge? It’s definitely worth a side trip! I’d say it’s time to book a stay and enjoy all the fun things to do in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
More to Explore
Things To Do In Wisconsin
What are the best state parks in Wisconsin?
These are some of the best state parks in Wisconsin:
- Council Grounds State Park. Located near Merrill, this little park is only 509 acres but has a beautiful lake and many campsites.
- Peninsula State Park. There are eight miles of shoreline here and over 400 campsites. Locals come here for hiking, cycling, and more.
- Rib Mountain State Park. This lovely area features many hiking trails and has gorgeous views from its valley overlooks.
- Brunet Island State Park. This idyllic park rests on the corner of the Chippewa and Fisher Rivers and features many lagoons.
Find out more about these and a few more of the best state parks in Wisconsin.
What are the most charming general stores in Wisconsin?
The most charming general stores in Wisconsin include:
- Kuhtz General Sote in Oconomowoc. This store has been running since 1926 and has retained its old-fashioned charm.
- Spring Green General Store Cafe in Spring Green. This is a quaint general store with a cafe that serves delicious meals.
- Sugar River General Store in Albany. This little shop has your general goods and also is beloved by locals for its yummy ice cream.
- New Diggings General Store and Inn. This old store is in a building that was constructed in 1844 and includes an old-timey tavern.
Learn more about the most charming general stores in Wisconsin.
What are the most iconic restaurants in Wisconsin?
The most iconic restaurants in Wisconsin include:
- Al Johnson’s Swedish Restaurant. This restaurant serves authentic Swedish cuisine and has been a local favorite for decades.
- Frank’s Diner in Kenosha. This diner has been around since 1926, serving old-fashioned diner food that people still line up for.
- The Elegant Farmer in Mukwonago. This restaurant has its own orchard and serves farm-to-table food including apple pie in a bag.
- Pete’s Hamburger Stand in Prairie du Chien. Locals have been coming here since 1909 for scrumptious hamburgers.
Find out more about the most iconic restaurants in Wisconsin.