Washington December 24, 2015
The 15 Most Jaw Dropping Photos Taken In Washington In 2015
You guys have shared some spectacular photos this year on our Only In Washington
Facebook page! They were all pretty impressive to check out, but here are 15 of the most jaw-dropping pictures that were taken in our state throughout 2015:
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here:
1. Wow! The sun lights up Palouse Falls beautifully in this winter photo.
A great shot by Nair Sankar.
2. I don't know about you, but this stunning fall shot by the Wenatchee River makes me want to head out for an adventure right now.
Or maybe after it warms up a bit... Taken by Arna Reymond.
3. Could you ever get tired of seeing the mountains in the distance?
Me neither! This perspective was captured on the ferry over Puget Sound by Jay Burman.
4. Aren't these vibrant colors by La Push mesmerizing?
The sky almost looks like a painting off the wall! This artistic shot was taken by Rachel Martin.
5. A sweet sunset to catch by Lopez Island.
Thanks to Bill Evans for sharing this colorful photo.
6. Westport never looked so majestic at dawn.
Captured beautifully by Mike Coverdale.
7. Panther Creek Falls, as seen from a unique perspective.
An enchanting photo by Jeffery Abbott.
8. A warm sunrise over Lost Lake at the beginning of summer.
Up for a camping trip yet?? Photo by Carl Lovgren.
9. The tranquil view from Sunrise on Mount Rainier.
At an elevation of 6,400 feet, Sunrise is actually the highest point that you can reach by vehicle at Mount Rainier National Park.
10. Leavenworth is one of the most magical places on Earth...especially around this time of year!
Happy Holidays! Thanks to Penny Miller for sharing this charming shot of the
11. The mountain backdrop fits in this scene perfectly.
A peaceful winter shot from the North Bend area.
12. This insane perspective shows what it would be like to head up the summit of Mount St. Helens.
Or... you can sit back safely and enjoy the same crazy view on Only In Your State! Thanks to Jay Burman for sharing.
13. Here's a remarkable view of the Yakima River, looking downstream from Pacman Cliff.
Captured by Lonny Smart.
14. When's the last time you saw mountain goats by the Enchantment Lakes??
Hopefully not recently, because this photo is absolutely amazing. Taken by Jay Burman.
15. You wouldn't believe how beautiful Narada Falls is in person.
Luckily, it's just as magical to see in photographs! Thanks to Mike Riddle for sharing this captivating shot.
Have you taken any jaw-dropping photos this year?? Share them with us on
Facebook here, or feel free to e-mail your pics to ! [email protected]