Washington November 18, 2017
10 Unwritten Rules Every Washingtonian Lives By ‘Til Death
We all know that being a Washingtonian comes with its own unique culture. And while details of that culture might be different depending on what part of our beautiful state you call home, there are certain rules we learn to live by in the PNW. These are a few of them.
1. The weather report is usually wrong, so plan accordingly.
If you'll be outdoors, dress in layers.
2. If it can be recycled, we recycle it.
It's in our nature.
3. Don't honk unless it's a true emergency.
While it seems as if East Coasters honk as soon as lights turn green, in general, we're not fans of the sound of a honking horn. If you hear one, you're probably about to hit a car.
4. Appreciate nature.
Washington is one of the most naturally beautiful states (ok, it's the best). Appreciate it.
5. Life is too short to drink bad coffee.
We have access to the best of the best, and sometimes it takes traveling far away from Washington to realize that.
6. See as many shows here as you possibly can.
The Gorge Amphitheater is amazing.
7. Appreciate every single day of summer.
Whether you live in the sometimes scorching hot Eastern Washington or on the cooler side, you always appreciate a beautiful summer day.
8. This is a VERY important day.
Go Huskies or go Cougs?
9. Don't eat seafood that isn't fresh or local.
Just don't bother.
10. No matter where you end up, speak kindly of Washington.
Yes, it has problems. There are parts you don't care for and people who think differently than you. But that's not Washington's fault -- it's beautiful, and we're all lucky to call it home.
Our unique Washington culture is the best. In fact,
Washington is the best.