This Dinosaur Walk In The Middle Of The Virginia Woods Will Capture Your Imagination
The Virginia Living Museum in Newport News is an extraordinary day trip destination for the whole family. Not only does this landmark offer educational exhibits of species native to Virginia, but it also features a science center, aviary, and botanical preserve. And that’s not all! Venture into the woods adjacent to the museum, and you’ll discover what can only be described as a whimsical dinosaur exhibit and walk in Virginia. As you make your way along the path, you’ll encounter all kinds of dinos. It’s a hands-on Virginia adventure you won’t soon forget!
Have you ever visited the Virginia Living Museum? What did you think of this one-of-a-kind dinosaur exhibit in Virginia? Feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comments — we’d love to hear from you! For more information, visit the Dino Discovery Trail listing on the Virginia Living Museum website. And, if you need a place to stay while you’re exploring the area, be sure to check out these unique vacation rentals in Newport News, VA.
Love all things dinosaur-related? For even more fun, check out this dinosaur-themed park in Virginia!
More to Explore
Day Trips In Virginia
What are some of the best day trips in Virginia?
Virginia is a state just waiting to be explored! If you're wondering what to do in Virginia, check out our recommendations for memorable and exciting day trips:
- Take a trip back in time to the Jamestown Settlement
- Be a part of living history in Colonial Williamsburg
- Experience the Lockn’ Music Festival in Nelson County
- Tour historic Virginia homes and gardens – almost anywhere in the state
- Go underground at Luray Caverns
- Eat, drink, and be merry at Virginia's wineries
- Discover a new favorite brew
- See the wild ponies on Chincoteague and Assateague Islands
- Get a thrill with theme park rides at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and King's Dominion
- Take a walk on the wild side at the Virginia Safari Park
These are just a handful of ideas for fun things to do in Virginia. For even more inspiration, check out our full list of the best day trip destinations in VA.
What are some of the best parks in Virginia?
Nothing beats a Virginia park. Below we've outlined some of the best state parks in Virginia:
- First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach
- Hungry Mother State Park, Marion
- Sky Meadows State Park, Delaplane
- Grayson Highlands State Park, Mouth of Wilson
- Occoneechee State Park, Clarksville
- Natural Tunnel State Park, Duffield
- High Bridge Trail State Park, Green Bay
- Douthat State Park, Millboro
- Kiptopeke State Park, Cape Charles
- Westmoreland State Park, Montross
- Pocahontas State Park, Chesterfield
- Wildnerness Road State Park, Ewing
- Chippokes Plantation State Park, Surry
So many state parks to visit, so little time! Learn more when you check out our full list of the most impressive state parks in Virginia.