Vermont December 22, 2016
These 13 Vermont Towns Might Be Tiny But Their Restaurants Are Fantastic
While finding a great meal in Vermont isn’t hard, usually the restaurants we all know and love are in more densely populated areas. While Vermont isn’t a big place, or even a busy place, if you want to get out of the well traveled towns and a little more into the country for a delicious meal, here are some of your best bets.
1. Verde at the Stratton Mountain Resort - 19 Village Lodge Road, West Wardsboro
Located at the Stratton Mountain Resort, this Greek and Mediterranean restaurant will hit the spot after a day on the slopes.
2. SoLo Farm & Table - 95 Middletown Road, South Londonderry
Everything is locally sourced at this renovated house turned restaurant. You may feel as though you are sitting in someone's dining room, but we assure you, the service is first class!
3. The West Dover Inn and 1846 Tavern & Restaurant - 108 Rt 100, West Dover
You'll find creative, inventive, and tasty food that you would expect from a high-end restaurant in a big city, not a town with no stoplight.
4. The Foundry at Summit Pond - 63 Summit Road, Killington
Whether you try the American Bistro-Style menu in the formal dining room, or the more casual Tavern menu in the bar, the Foundry puts out some dishes that are almost too pretty to eat!
5. Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice - 45 Rt 4 E, Mendon
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you can't go wrong with the fluffy pancakes from Sugar and Spice.
6. Clear River Tavern - 2640 Rt 100, Pittsfield
This local bar and restaurant serves great food, cold drinks and has live music year round.
7. The Inn at Weathersfield - 1342 Rt 106, Perkinsville
Perkinsville is a village located in the town of Weathersfield with a population of 130. However, this tiny village is big on taste at the Inn at Weathersfield. If you love to cook, check out the non-professional cooking classroom studio in the old barn loft.
8. Simon Pearce - 1760 Main Street, Quechee
The small, unincorporated village of Quechee boasts the famous Simon Pearce studio and restaurant. See what makes
9. Peasant - 40 Bridge Street, Waitsfield
Peasant is simply a wonderful experience. Warm ambiance, delightful service and food that finds the right balance between Italian, French and good old American cooking.
10. Rainbow Sweets Bakery - 1689 US Rt 2, Marshfield
Rainbow Sweets has been delighting Vermonters with confectionary masterpieces for over 40 years. And we hope they will be around for another 40! Absolutely delightful and definitely made with a lot of love.
11. Burger Barn - Jeffersonville
A small town, little shop, BIG burgers! There are so many combinations to choose from, but they are all delicious.
12. 158 Main Restaurant & Bakery - 158 Main Street, Jeffersonville
A small town welcome from this place for a meal any meal of the day. The breakfasts are particularly delicious.
13. The Belfry - 14 Amidon Road, Montgomery Center
You'll hear great things about the Belfry from the locals for a good reason. It's wonderfully tasty! The perfect place to go after a day on the slopes.
For more great dining in Vermont, try one of these
15 places that are hard to get in but totally worth it. Maybe pair your meal with a Heady Topper!