Accommodation October 28, 2017
8 Haunted Places In Vermont Where You Can Stay The Night… If You Dare
Would you dare stay in a hotel that is said to be haunted? Many people welcome the opportunity and see if they can spot a ghost for themselves. These haunted places in VT are not for the faint of heart!
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. Brass Lantern Inn - 717 Maple Street, Stowe
The tale is always the same... Late at night a loud group of guests come in talking about the great party they just attended. They are heard talking about a room, but no one is ever staying in the room when the "guests" show up. At least they're lively!
2. Golden Stage Inn Bed and Breakfast - 399 Depot Street, Proctorsville
This old stagecoach stop has two ghostly visitors, and if you spot the woman, she'll likely be brushing her hair.
3. Green Mountain Inn - 18 Main Street, Stowe
Perhaps the most lively ghost in Vermont is the spirit of "Boots Berry." You can hear him tap dancing on the roof at night!
4. The Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm - 1119 Quechee Main Street, Quechee
John and Jane Porter purchased this inn back in 1845 and apparently never left because guests have reported seeing them!
5. The Saxtons River Inn & Restaurant - 27 Main Street, Saxtons River
Head into the ballroom and try to catch a glimpse of the ghostly figure seen there. However, if you don't like ghosts, stay away from room 3!
6. Hartness House Inn - 30 Orchard Street, Springfield
The hauntings here happen in the underground tunnels. Things disappear and reappear in a different place!
7. The Black Lantern Inn - 2057 N Main Street, Montgomery
The Black Lantern Inn is haunted by someone who loves to take a shower. The shower in room 3 spontaneously turns on and off, and despite several plumbers looking into the matter, no issues were ever discovered.
8. The Equinox Hotel - 3567 Main Street, Manchester
Mary Todd Lincoln visited the Equinox in 1865 and both guests and employees have seen her around the hotel. Sometimes she's alone, sometimes with one of her children.
If you enjoy these haunted places in VT, be sure to check out
Emily’s Haunted Bridge in Stowe.