In Vermont, fall and cider donuts go hand in hand. The picking is fresh, the cider is crisp and the donuts are warm… It’s simply the perfect combination! We’ve gathered some of our favorite places to get the best cider donuts in VT. These round delights can be found year round if you live in the Green Mountain State, but for those of you who are traveling here to experience our magical foliage, did you know that you can
FREEZE DONUTS? Be sure to get and extra dozen or two to enjoy year round!
1. The Apple Barn and Country Bake Shop - Pownal Road, Bennington
The apple cider donuts are great, but when you add a bit of maple frosting.... Wow! This place has everything! Apples, pumpkins, pies, donuts, fudge, maple ice cream, frozen apple cider slush, muffins, pastries, danishes, breads ( Banana, Pumpkin, Apple), Vermont cheese, Vermont meats, honey, maple syrup, popcorn, candy, beer, wine and much more.
2. Northeast Kingdom Tasting Center - 150 Main Street, Newport
You know you'll find great Vermont products at this place, and the aromas will have you wafting in.
3. Green Mountain Orchards - 130 W Hill Road, Putney
The cider donuts are always warm here, so stop by when you're done picking your own fruit and pick up some cider donuts and a freshly baked pie because... Why not?!
4. Paradise Farm Sugarhouse - 828 Marlboro Road, Brattleboro
Muffins and scones and buns - Oh My! It's all fresh and delicious at this sugarhouse which knows how to make the sweetest treats around.
5. Dutton Farm Stand - RR 30, Newfane
This quintessential shop has some soft and tasty cider donuts just waiting for you this fall. Yum!
6. Allen Brothers Farm - 6023 US Route 5, Westminster
You can get a selection of just about anything that Vermont food has to offer at this stop, but don't miss the cider donuts. Both with and without sugar!
7. Douglas Orchard & Cider Mill - 1050 Route 74 W, Shoreham
Pick your own apples here, but be sure to pick up some cider donuts because they are mouthwateringly delicious!
8. Wellwood Orchards - 529 Wellwood Orchard Road, Springfield
A crisp Vermont day, great apple picking and scrumptious cider donuts. What more could you ask for??
9. Sunup Bakery - 2250 Killington Road, Killington
There are loads of things on the menu here, but don't pass up the donuts at this spot in Killington. Maybe get a few donuts to go?
10. Cold Hollow Cider Mill - 3600 Waterbury-Stowe Road, Waterbury Center
Arguably the best cider donuts in all of Vermont, one bite and you'll see why these are "legendary." Get some fresh, and if you have a craving later be sure to grab some mix to make them at home. Win/win!
11. Boyer's Orchard - 1823 Monkton Road, Monkton
This cute little farm is where to go when you're in Monkton! You're able to pick your own apples, sit amongst the pumpkins and eat donuts and sticky buns while chugging down the most amazing cider. How great does that sound?
12. Shelburne Orchards - 216 Orchard Road, Shelburne
One of the most picturesque spots in Vermont also has some of the best cider donuts around. Check out more
13. Happy Valley Orchard - Quarry Road, Middlebury
Many people say they can smell these donuts from the parking lot... Don't you want to find out yourself? Trust us, it's worth smelling for yourself!
14. Bragg Farm Sugar House & Gift Shop - 1005 Vt Rte 14 N, East Montpelier
Go for the maple creemees, stay for the donuts. Everyone loves this stop in East Montpelier and you don't want to miss it during the best time of the year in Vermont!
15. Hackett’s Orchard - 86 S Street, South Hero
The only thing better than the views on this picturesque island is the cider donuts. One bite and we think you'll agree!
16. Sam Mazza's Farm Market - 277 Lavigne Road, Colchester
Sam Mazza's brings joy to fruit picking for many months each year and the bakery is full of fresh and delicious goods.