Vermont October 17, 2017
Here Are The 15 Best Places To Get A Homemade Apple Pie In Vermont
We’ve all heard the saying “as American as apple pie” and over the years it has become a symbol of prosperity and national pride. And what a tasty symbol it is! Since all the best things come from the great little state of Vermont, we’ve got you covered when it comes to finding the best pies in the state. Here are some of our favorite places to get apple pie in VT. Bon appetite!
1. The Vermont Country Deli - 436 Western Avenue, Brattleboro
This is a great place to grab some ready made food to go, and what better way to finish a meal than with a slice of yummy apple pie!
2. Allenholm Farm - 111 South Street, South Hero
If you think the smell of the pies are incredible, wait until you taste them! This seventh generation farm is both picture perfect and mouth watering good!
3. MIX cupcakerie & Kitchen - 5123 Main Street, Waitsfield
The flavor combinations here are out of this world, and the owner is as sweet as the pies. From the pies to the cupcakes, you'll love MIX cupcakerie.
4. The Apple Barn and Country Bake Shop - Pownal Road, Bennington
The pies are delicious, but there's a whole lot more happening in this hot spot. Freshly baked breads, donuts and more along with a wonderful selection of cheeses and other Vermont goodies.
5. P&H Truck Stop - 2886 Route 302, Wells River
This truck stop is famous for not just their delicious dishes, but their pies are mouth watering good. Famous, even!
6. Vermont Apple Pie - 265 Depot Street, Proctorsville
When the name of the place is called "Vermont Apple Pie" you can rest assured that the apple pies will be unbelievably good. As they say here - when in doubt, eat pie!
7. Delightfully Delicious - 747 Putney Road, Brattleboro
Stacked high and - as the name suggests - delightfully delicious. You'll love the creative menu with a lot of vegetarian options here.
8. Mountain Creamery - 33 Central Street, Woodstock
Just look at this mile high apple pie a la mode! The pie slices here are nothing short of gigantic.
9. Crows Bakery and Opera House Cafe - 73 Depot Street, Proctorsville
You'll be greeted like one of the family at this cozy place. You'll find some of the best breakfasts around and the best part is that it's super affordable!
10. Big Eyes Bakery - 126 Main Street, Ludlow
From pies to turnovers to dumplings, this place knows their way around apples. Not sure what to choose? How about one of each?
11. Poorhouse Pies - 23 Park Street, Underhill
This self serve pie shed has the best pies in the county, if not the whole state of Vermont. We simply can't say enough about them!
12. Mendon Mountain Orchards & Motel - 1894 US Rt 4 E, Mendon
If you're picking up a pie for your Thanksgiving dinner, this is the place to go. Last year they had 14 different varieties!
13. Cold Hollow Cider Mill - 3600 Waterbury-Stowe Road, Waterbury Center
Their cider donuts are legendary, and the apple pies are just as good. Trust us on this one. It's a must stop when you're in the area.
14. Red Hen Baking Co. - 961 US Rte 2, Middlesex
The smells of these freshly baked goodies will have you wafting in from the car. Don't stop at just the pies though. Red Hen has wonderfully delicious freshly baked breads that are not to be missed.
15. Mirabelles Cafe - 198 Main Street, Burlington
Whether you go for an apple tart or a full pie, one bite and you'll see why Mirabelles Cafe is a Burlington staple.
Once you’ve picked your favorite apple pie in VT, why not try this little place that has the
best maple biscuits in Vermont?