Utah Fun Facts February 14, 2023
by Courtnie Erickson 10 Quirky Facts About Utah That Sound Made Up, But Are 100% Accurate
Utah is an incredible place to call home, but it is also a destination that is full of interesting and quirky facts. To prove our point, here are just 10 fun facts about Utah that sound made up but are 100 percent true. Take a look and see just how many of these facts you know.
1. Utah’s state cooking pot is the Dutch oven. It was approved by legislature in 1997.
Did you even know Utah had a state cooking pot?
2. Utah is home to the oldest operating amusement park in the American West.
will always and forever be the place where fun is!
3. The Beehive State truly does have the “greatest snow on earth.”
Utah’s snow is dry and powdery due to the state’s desert climate and high elevation.
4. Utah has the youngest population in the nation.
Approximately 30 percent of Utah’s residents are under the age of 18.
5. Walter Frederick Morrison, the man who invented the frisbee, is from Utah.
6. The state tree of Utah is the quaking aspen and it is found in every county around the state.
7. Utah is the leading manufacturer of rubber chickens.
Yes, it seems crazy but it’s true!
8. The first ever Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) wasn’t actually in Kentucky — it was in Utah!
9. The Beehive State is home to the most charitable people in the United States.
This fun fact about Utah may not surprise you.
10. Utah consistently ranks as one of the top five driest states in the country.
Nevada often takes the #1 spot.
Did you know these fun facts about Utah? What other facts deserve to be on this list? Let us know in the comments! And don’t forget to check out this list of
things that Utahns just can’t seem to stop talking about.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.