This Texas Christmas Town Is Straight Out Of A Norman Rockwell Painting
One of the best Christmas towns in Texas, Georgetown truly looks like a scene from a painting during the holiday season. Between the quaint shops and restaurants in the town square all decked out with lights and decorations to the numerous festivities, Christmas cheer is in no short supply here. A visit during the Christmas season in Georgetown, TX is a surefire way to have a merry and bright holiday season. We’ve got all the details you need to further explore some of the best Christmas events happening during the season in Georgetown, Texas.
Head to the Visit Georgetown website or Visit Georgetown Facebook page for details about all of the holiday festivities. And check out this cute Vrbo cottage you can book in the Old Town area for a convenient location while enjoying the season in this gorgeous town.
Have you ever been to Georgetown during the holiday season? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience in the comments! Don’t forget to check out our previous article for more things to do in Georgetown – no matter the season!
More to Explore
Best Christmas Events In Texas & Related Info
What are the best holiday events in Texas?
In addition to these events in Georgetown, some of the other best holiday events in Texas include:
- The largest holiday lights drive-thru in Texas is Land of Lights, located in Athens. Perhaps one of the most fun displays at this event is the Whoville Jail, which shows the Grinch incarcerated!
- Watch A John Denver Christmas performance at the Eisemann Center in Richardson.
- Experience the wonder of over 1 million glittering lights at Enchant, the largest Christmas light maze located in Arlington.
- Attend the Old Town Christmas Festival in Leander.
- Take an adults-only Polar Express train ride!
Find more of the best holiday events in Texas.
What are the best outdoor activities in winter in Texas?
Some of the best outdoor activities in winter in Texas include:
- Sip a hot cup of cocoa at Mozart's Coffee Roasters in Austin, Dr. Sue’s Chocolate in Grapevine, or the Red Dessert Dive in Houston.
- Dine outdoors on a heated patio.
- Explore the state parks.
- Take a scenic winter hike.
- Warm up with a hearty bowl of soup at Stone Soup Cafe in Burleson, Soups & Rolls Restaurant in San Antonio, or Pho With Us, or Fresh Bowl Restaurant in Austin.
- Enjoy a day at the beach – it may not be warm enough to work on your tan but it’s not cold enough on many days to avoid the sand and sun altogether.