Relax In A Tropical Wonderland At The Biggest Freshwater Swimming Pool In Texas
We all know how unbearably hot the West Texas desert can be, so having a place to cool off during the hottest months of the year is crucial. Balmorhea State Park is one such destination. Not only is it home to the largest freshwater swimming pool in Texas — but it’s also the largest freshwater swimming pool in the United States! Spring-fed and pristine as can be, this hidden oasis is the pinnacle of fun in the sun and is a must-visit location on the hottest days of the year.
Have you ever been to Balmorhea State Park, the largest freshwater swimming pool in Texas? Let us know, and check out our previous article for a place you can go swimming, too: The Largest Crystal-Clear Lagoon In Texas Is Officially Open To The Public.
More to Explore
Freshwater Swimming Pool in Texas
Where are some popular places to swim in Texas?
- Some of the most popular places to swim in Texas are:
Barton Springs Pool near Austin is a beautiful spring-fed pool where you can take a dip in delightfully chilly water year-round.
- Jacob’s Well is a deep, dark blue hole that serves as the entrance to Texas’s lengthiest underwater cave system.
Check out, these Texas swimming spots for more.
Are there any hidden swimming holes in Texas?
Yes, there are hidden swimming holes in Texas including:
- The natural lakes and springs that are hidden around Angelina National Forest.
- The “Come And Take It” swimming hole, which has some historic significance as the birthplace of Texan independence.
- Devil’s River Natural Area is also quite special.
What are the best summer destinations in Texas?
- The best summer destinations in Texas are:
The arts and entertainment district of Deep Ellum, in Dallas.
- The fun-filled theme parks in places like Six Flags Over Texas, also in Dallas.
- Of course, the other big cities like Austin and San Antonio are also hubs of activity. No matter what your interests are, you’re bound to find something to love in the Lone Star State!