Stroll Through A Quaint European Christmas Village In Texas This Holiday Season
We just told y’all about the 12 Days of Christmas display in the Dallas Arboretum, but there’s also an adorable European Christmas Village in Texas. Shopkeepers will be posted outside each building, offering samples of their wares including baked goods, candy, hand-carved pencils, and jingle bells.
Take a closer look at this gorgeous Christmas village:
Have you visited this European Christmas Village in Texas yet this season? If not, is it in the itinerary? Let us know all about your thoughts and plans in the comments. If you’re looking for more Christmas cheer, take this road trip to some of the best Christmas towns in Texas.
More to Explore
Holiday Festivities in Texas
What are the most dazzling Christmas lights in Texas?
The most dazzling Christmas lights in Texas include:
- The River Walk. In San Antonio, the river comes alight with a vibrant display that awes and mesmerizes all who visit.
- Trail of Lights. Over 2 million lights line a path in Austin that spans 1.25 miles and it’s a rather magical holiday experience.
- Prairie Lights. With 4 million lights over a 2-mile area, this drive-thru light display is as beautiful as it is massive.
- Santa’s Wonderland. Perhaps the most Texan of the light displays, you’ll see lit-up barns, cowboy boots, the Texas state flag, and other designs.
Find out more about the most dazzling Christmas lights in Texas.
What are the most festive Christmas towns in Texas?
The most festive Christmas towns in Texas include:
- Grapevine. With over 1,500 holiday activities each year, this town really knows how to get into the holiday spirit.
- Georgetown. Every year, the “most beautiful town square in Texas” becomes otherworldly as it is illuminated by twinkling lights.
- College Station. This town has the largest Christmas attraction in Texas called Santa’s Wonderland which attracts people from all over the state.
- Fredericksburg. With “55 Nights of Fredericksburg Lights”, the activities and attractions seem endless.
Discover more about the most festive Christmas towns in Texas.
What are some unique holiday traditions in Texas?
Unique holiday traditions in Texas include:
- Planting poinsettias. Texas has adopted this Mexican tradition and you’ll find locals planting them copiously during the holidays.
- Hanging barbed wire wreaths. While most states weave them from holly, Texas wraps them with barbed wire.
- Smoked turkey. While turkey is a Christmas staple all over the country, Texans prefer to smoke their turkeys rather than bake them.
- Visiting the River Walk. As the most gorgeous of holiday displays, it’s no wonder Texans make a pilgrimage here each year.
Learn more about unique holiday traditions in Texas.