Take A 50-Mile Train Ride On The Texas State Railroad For A Scenic Adventure
Trains are one of the best ways to experience nature. Unlike hiking, no strenuous effort is required to enjoy the scenery — you just sit back, relax, and take it all in. And Texas train rides are possibly one of the best things to do in Texas! On the Texas State Railroad, passengers embark on a 50-mile round-trip journey into the majestic Piney Woods. Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll see along one of the most scenic train rides in Texas.
Have you ever ridden on the Texas State Railroad? What excursion did you do and did you enjoy this scenic train ride in Texas?
For more information on all of the excursions, visit the Texas State Railroad website.
If you’re still googling “train rides near me,” here are 5 incredible Texas day trips you can take by train.
More to Explore
scenic train ride in Texas
Where can I ride a train in Texas?
There are so many incredible spots to ride a train in Texas, such as:
- The Grapevine Vintage Railroad, which offers visitors a unique trip back in time. This amazing adventure takes visitors to the Fort Worth Stockyards. Enjoy a full day of shopping, eating, and sightseeing. If you really want to feel like a Texan, there’s no better place to go!
- If you loved this, then you should also book a ride on the Texas Eagle. This train leaves from all across the state and can take you to the exciting city of San Antonio. It’s the ultimate day trip! Enjoy a relaxing journey on the rails and spend a day strolling through this city’s fascinating history and heritage.
Are there any railroad museums in Texas?
- The Texas Transportation Museum
If you really love trains, there’s no better place to go than the Texas Transportation Museum in San Antonio. This fascinating place was built in 1964, and it’s full of fascinating relics from the past. Visitors can stare at old railroad vehicles from the Longhorn and Western Railroad. In addition to this incredible display, the Texas Transportation Museum has an intricate model train exhibit. Plan a day trip to this one-of-a-kind place and learn all about Texas’s unique history.
Are there any other train-themed attractions in Texas?
If you loved the Texas Transportation Museum, then you’ll also enjoy visiting:
- The New Braunfels Historic Railroad and Modelers Society. This intriguing spot sits inside a renovated rail depot and has a wide variety of exhibits. Stare at old train cars and marvel at the intricate model train displays. It’s the perfect attraction for people young and old.
- For more train-themed fun, visit the James H. Long Railroad Park and Museum in Smithville, Texas. In addition to the educational exhibits, this destination has a whimsical play area that’s perfect for young ones.